Underwear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A conversation I never thought I'd have on a forum....... Does anyone have any experience with premium underwear like Tommy John or Duluth Trading? At $20-30 a pair, is it worth the money? Does it last as long as they claim? Is it cooler and more comfortable? Any other premium brands?

If you wear your pant belt line below your buttocks, it matters.

Foreplay matters, always go for boxers, no briefs for obvious health issues.

I like the Ex Officio Give-N-Go Boxer Brief from Amazon for when the weather is hot and I need "tech gear" underwear. They occasionally have them on a Lightening Deal for around $15 and that's when I pick up a pair.

I am liking these Jockey boxer-briefs, some sort of poly material. Better for working apound the house and sweat. Slowly starting to hate cotton anything.

While it's probably not a great idea to wear briefs I feel like I need the "support", if you get what I mean. I don't like the feeling of my privates flopping around as I move about.
crackmeup2.gif

Those Duluth trading commercials sure are funny. I haven't tried them yet but I've been thinking about it because I destroy store brand stuff pretty fast, it's just not durable.

This is funny....just last week I bought 4 pair of Adidas cool-dry briefs (the short/high cut, not boxer length) for an upcoming trip to India...$11/pr after a 2-for-1 two-pack deal at Sports Authority.

...they're made of the same poly-mesh material as expensive golf polos....

They are in fact comfortable and cool...I've tried them on a couple of golf rounds at 90° and they worked as advertised...

They'll wash and dry in a matter of hours even in humid India..and they weigh next to nothing, another benefit for travel.

Originally Posted By: zach1900
Weird toipc for oil guys.

Underwear is general and off topic........

Originally Posted By: wwillson
I think this is a first for BITOG :)

Does it help that I've given it a day or two of thought?

Originally Posted By: supton
I am liking these Jockey boxer-briefs, some sort of poly material. Better for working apound the house and sweat. Slowly starting to hate cotton anything.

That's currently what I'm wearing. I believe they're Lycra.

Originally Posted By: theKman
I like the Ex Officio Give-N-Go Boxer Brief from Amazon for when the weather is hot and I need "tech gear" underwear. They occasionally have them on a Lightening Deal for around $15 and that's when I pick up a pair.

I've seen those on Amazon. Have you had them long enough to know how long they last?

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
While it's probably not a great idea to wear briefs I feel like I need the "support", if you get what I mean. I don't like the feeling of my privates flopping around as I move about.
crackmeup2.gif

For work and being active, I'm the same way. I need support.

Seinfeld is still the greatest sitcom.

Duluth Trading used to have some pretty decent products. I have a couple of their T-shirts that are probably 8 years old or so, and at that time they were a reasonable price.

I stopped into a store they recently opened and found them horribly overpriced. $25 for a single pair of underwear or $30 for a T-shirt isn't a price that I'll pay. I didn't notice anything special (despite their claims) about either item. To top it off, most of their clothing items were made in China or another foreign country, despite their claims to "domestically source as much as possible).

There were a few people in the store, but most did exactly what I did-walked in, looked around for a bit, and walked out without making a purchase.

My new Joe Boxer boxer briefs from Sears seem to be made of lint and are disintegrating at quite a pace. I have stanfields underwear that has lasted for many years so next time I'll just get those again.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I take pajamas to the tailor lady and have them made into boxers.

Merkava,

No need to cut up your jammies. You can buy pre-made Flintstone underwear almost anywhere:
grin.gif

Fred-Flintstone-Big-Daddy-Boxers.jpg

Originally Posted By: Trav
Well this brings BITOG to a new low, grown men gossiping about their friggin knickers.
crazy2.gif

Don't get your knickers in a twist.

Originally Posted By: whip

I've seen those on Amazon. Have you had them long enough to know how long they last?

I've had them for a couple of years, but wear them relatively infrequently (my everyday underwear are Hanes cotton boxer-briefs). I tend to wear them when I'm expecting to spend extended time out in hot weather, when I'm being particularly physically active, or when I'm on vacation. That said, they have held up quite well, but I would expect them to considering their usage level. They usually only get washed with other "tech gear" and never see harsh detergent or fabric softener. They're comfortable and help to keep you dry. I'll be packing them for my vacation in North Conway next week.

Also, FWIW, the wife likes them.
blush.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back