anyone have fleet car insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its unfair that one guy has to keep separate policies on many vehicles when he can only drive one at a time. Some only driven a few hundred miles or not at all. I don't think I've put 20 miles on the vette in the last 2 years.

There is a multi vehicle discount but its very small.

Don't they have special collector car insurance like Hagerty? Your Corvette should qualify.

And wouldn't fleet insurance cost even more? Since it's a business/commercial policy.

this is when you call your insurance agent to explain your situation.

Usually, if you can deal with the burden of providing proof of the actual mileage driven every year, then they will be able to customize a deal for you.

Originally Posted By: raytseng
this is when you call your insurance agent to explain your situation.

Usually, if you can deal with the burden of providing proof of the actual mileage driven every year, then they will be able to customize a deal for you.

I've done that

There are 3 categories.
0-5000
5000-10000
10000+

Moving down a category saves about 10 bucks.

You can de-insure a car on your policy and place it on hold if it's going to sit a while.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
You can de-insure a car on your policy and place it on hold if it's going to sit a while.

I'd like to do that during the winter. In ma you have to turn your plates in. I don't like standing in line at the DMV. I'm also going to look into antique plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back