Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, since you ask, the majority of my "winnings" came from one stock. I bought it at 1.22 and at the end of the year it finished in the low 7's. Without that, I would be up only a couple per cent. Guess I got lucky
smile.gif

BUT, since I didn't sell, I guess the return is pretty meaningless.

Maybe you should sell now!
smile.gif
What's the symbol?

I was gonna guess you were doing futures trading - but since you picked a stock, it wasn't luck!

Ugly - if you scroll back one page, I believe a few of us posted our gains. I was just shy of 10%.....IIRC.

I never liked OIIM it is a one day wonder. I didn't buy it I bought CPST & ENER. My RMBS ran all the way above 32 so daytrading is in full swing.
fruit.gif

A passive trading year I gained almost 7%. This home that I am building is consuming all my time. Pretty lame return indeed! 6 month CD's are returning almost 4%.

quote:

I never liked OIIM it is a one day wonder. I didn't buy it I bought CPST & ENER. My RMBS ran all the way above 32 so daytrading is in full swing.

You think that ener is a good buy at these levels? I've made money on them in the past buying at around 12 and selling at around 18-19. It's been a rolling stock for me. I like the company and think that have some good things. If it were me I would wait until the tech bubby dips a bit to hit them again. I'm going to have to relook at ener.

For passive investing, 7% ain't so bad. Lots of the "index only" types did way worse. I barely squeaked out my measly 9.9% - mainly because I had no killer winners, and a few dead dog logs.

But if I ain't beating 8%, I start ritually beating myself. 8% is rock bottom for my low road life plan.

Well me thinks that 2006 will be out and only a passive year again for me. I will resume normal routine in 2007.

Yes, IBM and INTC for two examples. I sold INTC last Fri for a small gain. It looked like there was distribution on the charts and I got nervous.

If Q4 earnings are poor, a long downtrend will start.....

They choked the chicken again. I see it as a time to pick up some samurai stocks. My stocks aren't fairing too badly today. I'm sure my funds will take a huge hit.

I'm buying more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back