Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Anyone jump on this? GLD

I saw the announcement in China, but I dunno how much higher gold will go.........as some of you know I don't consider gold a good "investment". But a fine portion of one's portfolio for (un)certain times.

I haven't looked too hard yet..but I wonder if this fund keeps gold on account 100% (minus costs-) with NAV totals?? This could be the way to go.

I am registered with Bullion Direct It cost 1% in and 1% out. There is no storage fee and their vaults are insured by Loyds.

Since my trades are $15 GLD is potentially less expensive depending on the trade. This fund by itself might drive up the price of gold.

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
My 2 cents is that gold is a currency play.

Pretty much. And today the dollar has dropped major bigtime to the Euro. Expect some reaction today. Gold stocks should go up ..but sometimes when the market takes a hike the gold stocks go with it. I would expect though Gold stocks go up bigime today-but please don't take my word for it.

The market could actually go up short term with devaluation of the dollar. But more and more the world gets the fact that until we stop spending (with huge deficits) like a bunch of drunken sailors the market will take a drop.

quote:

I really hope the bushmen are serious now they are finally talking about reigning in spending....is congress on board? Probably NOT.

Fodder for the masses
frown.gif

Good show!! It makes me all warm and fuzzy (and thankful) when any BiTOG member scores in the market
cheers.gif

I sold 3/4 of my MYL at $19 with the Icahn hostile bid when I was in China for a healthy gain. I sold the rest today. NIce. I sold a position in a NG fund for a HEALTHY gain. In fact I sold a LOT during the last market surge.

This week I picked up MYG, FCZ, F, STM, MSSN and GLD.

I am only bummed that I didn't listen better to Amkeer's call on AMD.

Pulled the trigger and took the profits from AMD and SIRI today. SIRI was killer - 100% in only a few weeks
smile.gif

Now looking for the next big thing...

Still holding SNPS for the long term. That one will be back to 30 in the next year or two. Not too excited about my other stocks, which are holding their own but not movers. Probably sell them and get onboard another wave.

Charts are looking toppy, but.......I will wait till next week to figure out if this run up has more legs to it.

quote:

Charts are looking toppy,

I agree, Amkeer. They looked that way to me last week, when I started getting the nervous tremors.
shocked.gif

This week was a non-event because of the Thanksgiving holiday. As they say, "A tree dosen't grow to the sky", so I'm looking for a pull-back next week. Once the momentum shifts, the short-sellers will jump in and we'll get a buying opportunity before long......

quote:

Z -

MOBL MOBILEPRO CORP COM NEW 20,000.000 0.016 0.174 $320.00 $3,480.00 $3,160.00 987.50%

So, looking at the % gained, I take it you did buy at $.02, eh?
Lucky dog!!

[ November 30, 2004, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back