Purolator L-1222(CUT OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Well I have a feeling there are a few trolls on this site that...blaming the junk Tearolators filters.

Junk tearolator filters? This nice little filter would beg to differ. New production, no tears and no excuses. When are you guys going to admit that this "tearing" issue was more of an isolated witch hunt than a pandemic!!!
confused.gif

No, my post was in response to the troll post blaming the tears on the people cutting them that they were doing it on purpose. A filter that tears is considered junk in my book.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
No, my post was in response to the troll post blaming the tears on the people cutting them that they were doing it on purpose. A filter that tears is considered junk in my book.

People purposely cutting filter media (while possible) is highly unlikely. I agree with you there. That is bogus.

As for a filter that tears, I still have to refer you to every picture in this thread!!

Well, I stopped by the "filter dumpster and grabbed a PZ filter and a tec select. Didnt have the printed out date code so I'll hack em' open later and de code.

We need about 100 good filters to one bad one to debunk any quality control issues.
smirk.gif

Whether Puro fixed the issue or not, they should be ashamed of the way they handled it and treated their customers.
spankme2.gif

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
We need about 100 good filters to one bad one to debunk any quality control issues.
smirk.gif

Whether Puro fixed the issue or not, they should be ashamed of the way they handled it and treated their customers.
spankme2.gif

I think you have that backwards. Purolator makes millions of filters, a hundred or so "tear" (heavy emphasis on tear), they make it to your spreadsheet and boom! Group thought kicks in and tearolator is born.

Maybe the multitudes of filters that served the consumer just fine should take precedence over the few that failed. No, on BITOG the many must pay for the sins of the few!!

^^^ Purolators never use to tear. Now they do. Do the math, something changed.
grin.gif

When I see repeated cut open Purolators made after the late 2014 time frame with no tears and nice even pleats, then maybe it could be said Purolator addressed the issue and made a fix.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
When I see repeated cut open Purolators made after the late 2014 time frame with no tears and nice even pleats, then maybe it could be said Purolator addressed the issue and made a fix.
You can see that anytime, but you are cutting open the wrong filters--the good ones that do not tear start with the letters "XG" in the filter model.
crackmeup2.gif

^^^ Purolators never use to tear. Now they do. Do the math, something changed.
grin.gif

You and the rest of your clan have buried your heads in the sand and appear to refuse any of the positive info brought here on this sub forum. This purolator didn't tear, and as such there is no reason to attack it so everyone disregards it. Sad really. Especially since many here demonize those who in days passed judgement on the OCOD out of "paranoia"

So one Purolator didn't tear ... Yippee!! I guess all has been fixed on Purolator's part then - LoL.

How about this Purolator built filter ... and it was built not that long ago. Guess things aren't actually fixed after all, I was hoping a filter build by then would have been better quality ... doesn't look very promising to me.
frown.gif

Still Tearing Media

So one Purolator didn't tear ... Yippee!! I guess all has been fixed on Purolator's part then - LoL.

How about this Purolator built filter ... and it was built not that long ago. Guess things aren't actually fixed after all, I was hoping a filter build by then would have been better quality ... doesn't look very promising to me.
frown.gif

Still Tearing Media

Low end jobber filters made to a different spec don't count. Is this the best example you couple provide? You are surprised that a $0.99 filter economy line filter didn't hold up?

Originally Posted By: jk_636

frown.gif

Still Tearing Media

Low end jobber filters made to a different spec don't count. Is this the best example you couple provide? You are surprised that a $0.99 filter economy line filter didn't hold up?

Still manufactured by Purolator, and the tearing media looks to tear exactly like seen on Purolator branded filters, as well as other filter brands manufactured by them. Just goes to show that the problem Purlolator has is wide spread across everything they make that's not a full synthetic media.

I welcome people to use them and be the BITOG guinea pigs.
crackmeup2.gif

*Sounds like a sports team, no?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jk_636

frown.gif

Still Tearing Media

Still manufactured by Purolator, and the tearing media looks to tear exactly like seen on Purolator branded filters, as well as other filter brands manufactured by them. Just goes to show that the problem Purlolator has is wide spread across everything they make that's not a full synthetic media.

This may put a hitch in your giddie-up...

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3720254/Re:_Three_Filters_cut_open_Pur#Post3720254

They make a plethora of non-synthetic filters that hold up just fine.
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back