gas prices jump today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys
Well today here in Dallas gas went up 20 cents to $2.29 at the station I use
Is it a coincidence that since oil prices have dropped there is a refinery on strike and one that caught fire which the oil companies are using as the reason to raise prices
I dont believe in coincidences by the way

Gas almost always goes up this time of year, but nobody can really point to a specific reason.

The price really isn't related to the price of oil, at least not here in Canada. It's more about what we will pay before there is a revolt.

In Toronto, Oil was $125/barrel - gas was $1.25.litre.
Oil is now $50/barrel - gas has crept up to $1.05 litre.
We are being screwed. The media doesn't even talk about it.

Last edited:
Hello, Was at or pennies under $2 'til 10 days ago.
Regular is now $2.06 to $2.09, cheapest local cash.
The prices of Amaco (BP-whatever it is), Shell and Exxon/Mobil would make for a good comparison. Kira

So gas in the big D is now more costly than it is in Ohio?
Who would've thunk it?
Today, most of the stations I passed were at 2.25 or less and some on gasbuddy in this area were below 2.20.
I'll fill one car tomorrow for the 2.20 or so and fill the other over the coming weekend.
We paid 2.11 last Sunday to fill the newer Accord, which took 17.1 gallons.

Gas buddy gave me a warning to fill up because gas prices would be rising because the wholesale price is rising.

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
The price really isn't related to the price of oil, at least not here in Canada. It's more about what we will pay before there is a revolt.

we are getting close to that. Two weeks ago I was paying 72 cents now I'm paying 80 cents. sucks!

Filled up this evening - midgrade $2.13 @ gallon at Stripes Gas Station .
Average regular is $2.06 around here.

The oil companies always like to pay off the media and
provide bogus and fraudulent explanations for the sudden rapid
increases in prices...they mock the consumer and public with their
monopolistic nonsense.

The mainstream media is the corporations and big governments propaganda machine. The population is so easy to fool.

Here in the southern areas they're switching to the lower volatility blends. Your time is coming up north.

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis

The per-gallon refining costs do not drop with oil prices. Even if crude was being given away for free, it has to be refined into the finished product and then transported from the refinery to your neighborhood gas station, the costs of which are not as variable or volatile as crude prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back