P4e vs UP

Status
Not open for further replies.
if there is an "ultra" platinum with pp.. then to me it seems that pennzoil's "highest tier" oil, is indeed the "ultra" line. so why then, is there not a ultra platinum euro? personally I have a sneaking suspicion that pennzoil has been unable to make a version of euro that is significantly "better" than the old ultra euro. so.in order to sell the new "better" noon euro ultra they had to downgrade the nomenclature of the top tier oils. I dont know that to be a fact but sopus marketing oughta be a crime. lol.

anyways. how is P4e comparing to the oil pennzoil ultra euro. I just picked up the last ultra euro in Houston I think lol. so next time I'm gonna have to change.

Originally Posted By: MotorsportsX

anyways. how is P4e comparing to the oil pennzoil ultra euro.

How would we know? It's not been seen anywhere yet, other than on paper. And on paper, it meets the same exact mfg specs, so for all intents and purposes, it's comparable.

As far as naming goes, SOPUS has been going back and forth. Initially there was PP Euro. Then they changed it to PU Euro, and now it's back to PP Euro.

no one has seen it yet? I just went to the Dodge dealer and the guy tried to Sale me platinum euro with pure plus.... I'll pick up a quart and send off for a voa along with my change sample.

no one has seen it yet? I just went to the Dodge dealer and the guy tried to Sale me platinum euro with pure plus.... I'll pick up a quart and send off for a voa along with my change sample.

Thanks.

What cars does a Dodge dealer use it in? Fiat 500 Abarth?

back at the dealer.. the Bottle of P4e I'm looking at has a 15sept14 date on it. SN rated.. has to be the newest stuff right?

yes the fiat engines use it. the Viper and other srt engines are using ultra platinum with pure plus

Last edited:
Sounds like it. Post some pics, front and back.
smile.gif
Thanks.

I've never paid less than 7 a quart for ultra euro. even back in NC or online. show me any top tier sopus for that price and I'll buy a drum. I use alot. lol

Yesterday I ordered a case of PP Euro 5W-40 from Amazon for $51.20 for a six-pack. Free shipping. The oil has Chrysler approval MS 12991 (among many others) which is required for my new Alfa. The price seems reasonable.

I called Pennzoil to get more info on this oil...was on hold for about 10 minutes. The guy was very nice but was unable to get the TBN, SAPS, NOACK and HTHS information. We know the value ranges due to certifications but I was hoping to get the details to see if it could edge out M1 0w40 on paper.

did anyone ever do a voa on p4e? I am about to send off a couple sample to Blackstone. I can get a voa if needed

MSX,
I too would greatly appreciate if you posted your VOA results.
I have just started to use the same oil, "rebadged" as Shell Helix Ultra here and the only VOA I have come across is a few years old now.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back