any w30 euro oil that is similar to a w30 rather then a w40?

hello! i was planning to give some 0w30/5w30 in a euro oil a shot in my japanese engine. jumping up from a 0w20 so i wanted to goto a 5w30 or 0w30 but the castrol euro / mobil 1 euro/ pennzoil euro in that weight are all super thick and seem to be close to a w40

is there any recommended thick 0w20 / 5w20 euro oils or normal spec / thinner 5w30/0w30 euro oils that are easy to get in usa?

im not looking for a certain spec, i just wanted to 'upgrade' to a euro oil since they are gonna be better then the normal dexos or etc i would get from supertech etc

thanks!

hello! i was planning to give some 0w30/5w30 in a euro oil a shot in my japanese engine. jumping up from a 0w20 so i wanted to goto a 5w30 or 0w30 but the castrol euro / mobil 1 euro/ pennzoil euro in that weight are all super thick and seem to be close to a w40

is there any recommended thick 0w20 / 5w20 euro oils or normal spec / thinner 5w30/0w30 euro oils that are easy to get in usa?

im not looking for a certain spec, i just wanted to 'upgrade' to a euro oil since they are gonna be better then the normal dexos or etc i would get from supertech etc

thanks!
I ran Mobil1 0W40 in Toyota Sienna. ANything will be fine. ENgines take all kinds of oils, thin, thick; it does not matter.

To answer your question any 20w with which lists a specification from an European automaker. You're going to have to do your research with various retailers or just run to the dealership and buy their 20w. If your engine requires API SN+ or SP then I would look for that first.

Amsoil has two different 0w30s available. One is higher viscosity (Euro) than the other.
I paused when looking at the motor oils section of their website. I didn't expect to see 2.
The one I chose for our MPI Kia was the Euro version. The GDI Hyundai will eventually see HPL oils

Wife's bad knees has eliminated our yearly $$$ vacations. Plus she no longer spends $8 per day on a pack of cigarettes. So now we have additional money laying around the home to quench our thirst for things that were never financially doable before.... like mine currently being a venture into boutique oils

Last edited:
Personally I run C3 oil (M1 ESP with LL-04, 229.51/52 and VW 504 00)
on one of my two non-DI cars. With current ultra-low sulphur fuels it
doesn't really matter. I'd almost bet even my 911 turbo (more than 4
decades old) would love modern C3 oils.

Which engine? DI or not?
If DI I'd consider running some C3 with LL-04, MB 229.51 or 229.52,
Porsche C30 and/or VW 504 00 approvals, preferably M1 ESP 5W-30.
searching today found this..i can't find any discussion that is mentioned in bitog..fresh recipe ,similar pds to M1, same approvals too!
seems a good c3 sp oil!

Аny ACEA 5w30 A5/B5 oil is the answer for you question. But I agree with the posts that Toyota Sienna is not picky about oils. You can run almost everything Up to you. Remember that a5/b5 oils are full saps. Mobile esp c3 with has the modern specs vw/M. it’s fine oil all the Diesel engines and here in Europe love that oil. The other choice is 5w30 C2 , think that’s recommended from Toyota Europe but I” m little bit old fashioned about oils and prefer full saps for my obsolete 1 zzz fe.

I ran Mobil1 0W40 in Toyota Sienna. ANything will be fine. ENgines take all kinds of oils, thin, thick; it does not matter.
How do you think my Acura 2.0L turbo would like M1 15/50. Wife drives like a grandma. I drive it like a track car. Thinking more in the summer time. Currently M1 0/40 in it. Oil is changed every 3k. Being direct injected and push it the boost

How do you think my Acura 2.0L turbo would like M1 15/50. Wife drives like a grandma. I drive it like a track car. Thinking more in the summer time. Currently M1 0/40 in it. Oil is changed every 3k. Being direct injected and push it the boost
I think M1 0W40 is all you need. I used it on actual track in BMW. Many people use it on track.

Back