When changing coolant should you flush....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure your heater is on high and at the hottest temp during the whole process. Not sure if your particular Accord has a coolant bleeder valve or not. My 2000 Accord has a air bleeder valve by the thermostat area which lets the air out.

If after you change the coolant you get a bouncing idle then you still have air trapped in the coolant, need to get the air out.

Quick question: i have a coolant tester. It is some type of apparatus that has a hose on one side and sucks coolant. There is an indicator who the says if the coolant is still good or not.

Is this thing sufficient to determine if the coolant is ok or needs changing?

Thanks

Originally Posted By: Icecube
Quick question: i have a coolant tester. It is some type of apparatus that has a hose on one side and sucks coolant. There is an indicator who the says if the coolant is still good or not.

Is this thing sufficient to determine if the coolant is ok or needs changing?

Thanks

No, that only tells you the level of freeze protection. The coolant needs replaced regularly because the PH level can change causing it to be alkaline or acidic, and it loses it's corrosion inhibitors.

A coolant funnel is advantageous over a traditional funnel in that you can fill up the funnel itself to aid in burping air from the system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back