2017 Ford GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see the rumors were true. Will be powered by 3.5 Ecoboost with over 600hp, heavy use of carbon. Interior probably will be changed for production but cool concepts.

Article: 2017 Ford GT

I absolutely love the look. I want to hear it. If they can get it sounding like a Nissan GTR or the Daytona Prototype TTV6 that Ganassi runs, I would buy it in a heartbeat if I had the money.

Looks sharp.

Quote:

Will be powered by 3.5 Ecoboost with over 600hp, heavy use of carbon.

Rumor has it use may extend all the way onto the backside of the valves. j/k.

Originally Posted By: morepwr
Awesome looking on the outside but that interior is ugly.

I don't like the steering wheel, flat top and bottom is not very user friendly when turning, also too many buttons on the steering.

Made in China parts content? Last week I was shopping for a new vehicle and a $55,000.00 Ford truck had a load of made in China parts and tires on it.

Pretty sweet!
19.gif
34.gif

I'm surprised that the 'purists' are not knocking it for NOT holding as true to the original body lines as it's predecessor.

I LOVE the way it looks, but would also prefer a round steering wheel, or at least a flat on the bottom only steering wheel.

But KUDOS to them for making it suede covered.
thumbsup2.gif

With the 'correct' exhaust system, I'd bet they can make it sound d**m cool, despite it being a six banger.
wink.gif

A REAL sequential gearbox option would be wicked as well.

Interesting. Wonder why they didn't use a different engine, like an ecoboost v8 that gave real top of the line numbers... Weight perhaps?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Interesting. Wonder why they didn't use a different engine, like an ecoboost v8 that gave real top of the line numbers... Weight perhaps?

It sounds like they're almost transplanting the motor out of their Daytona Prototype car right into the GT. But, I don't know, a twin-turbo 5.2L flat-plane V8 would be okay too
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
Originally Posted By: JHZR2

It sounds like they're almost transplanting the motor out of their Daytona Prototype car right into the GT. But, I don't know, a twin-turbo 5.2L flat-plane V8 would be okay too
smile.gif

Oh, a 600hp engine is real sporty... But a v8 ecoboost would be even more powerful and might have a play in derated form as a v10 replacement.

But it would add mass, which isn't desirable I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back