Oil conditioner added at my free oil changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up a used 2012 Honda Fit at a Honda dealer. Was looking thru the paperwork at things done at last service and noticed that they installed MOC oil conditioner 01011

I asked the service manager about this and they use this on all used car sale oil changes, says it 'keeps them from sludging up' and 'makes the engines quieter'.

I got home and found this
http://www.mocproducts.com/PreviewInfo.aspx?i=42

snake oil?

revenue increaser.

A toyota dealership snuck in a Wynn's product on one of my services and after that I started typing up exact instructions on what to do and what not to do.

Seems some of the benefits indicated by the link also are benefits of SN rated motor oils.

Last edited:
Quote:
Ann Dale – Service Manager
West Broad Honda
“No program I have ever used has come close to the millions of NET PROFIT dollars ROAMS has helped put on my bottom line.”

Another gimmick someone sold this dealer to increase profits.

Probably will not hurt anything but yeah just looks like a revenue generator to me. I find it interesting that happened at the dealer as I'd bet money your Honda manual says not to add anything to the oil.

Prevents sludge in your 2012 the dealer says? How about quality oil at proper intervals?

I find it amusing the product will not change oil viscosity either. Apparently whether you are using a 0w20 or a 10w40 it magically matches your oil viscosity!

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Quote:
Ann Dale – Service Manager
West Broad Honda
“No program I have ever used has come close to the millions of NET PROFIT dollars ROAMS has helped put on my bottom line.”

Another gimmick someone sold this dealer to increase profits.

Mola, your documentation is incomplete; that is unlike you.

Quote:

"Ready to take your service department (people & profits) to the Next Level? ROAMS is the way to get there!"

Quote:

"Using the ROAMS Program is an absolute “no brainer!” It is like exchanging $10’s for $50’s with ZERO risk. Why would you not do it?"

Interesting they do it in cars they're flipping. I'd figure on bulk oil and white box filter. Unless the service dept is "profiting" off the sales guys, or this snake oil is cheaper per ounce than regular oil.
wink.gif

Yeah the invoice states
.10hrs - $5
01011 MOC OIL CONDITIONER $22.39

$27.39 to pour that bottle in.

The 2012 Fit Sport i bought was owned by a woman that lived near the dealership. She got her oil changes done there at around 5000 miles. Car has 22000 miles on it. On the 20000 mark she was approached about the 2015 model on the lot. She traded this her car in on the 2015.

On the invoice of what they did after trade in- 4 new tires, new wiper blades, new air filter, new cabin filter, transmission flush, oil change, rotors (resurfaced), new brake pads. $1774 ($900 labor)

Got the car for $14K cash plus they threw in a brand new XBOX360 and 4 free oil changes and 10yr/100K powertrain warranty.

Their hope is that i come back and pay their $100/hr labor rates and keep up with the $40 oil changes for life...but i wont.

Im happy with my deal and love the Fit. Wife is going to take it over..she is crazy about it.

I could have got a brand new 2015 Fit LX for $17K but i am avoiding it for now due to the CVT trans, direct injection and made in Mexico...

They call it a "profit center". Honda may be a good car building company but that doesn't mean the dealers who get the franchises aren't slime. Frankly, I'd like to see Telsa win the "sell direct" lawsuits they have filed and free up manufacturers to sell directly. GM has a "special" program for cars which will be raced, not street driven, it's called "COPO" "Central Office Production Order". No
dealer involvment.

Last edited:
I thought Honda was the choice of intelligent, superior people. Apparently their dealers are no better than gm.

They took that woman to the cleaners. Two ways to look at it: "A fool and her money are soon parted". or "They took advantage of a poor women"....a bit of both..sigh

You got a good car probably but you certainly didn't get a $ bargain IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back