Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Warstud
Looks like some buyers showed up in the energy stocks today.

Unfortunately I should have doubled down LINE first thing this morning... I had the order in, but didn't pull the trigger. Stupid me.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Unfortunately I should have doubled down LINE first thing this morning... I had the order in, but didn't pull the trigger. Stupid me.

I was close too.

Should be a good time coming up again.....

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

I think you'll get a few more chances.

Today's looking good. I already own a bunch so I'm hurting. Some profit off a quick trade yesterday would have been nice regardless.

Still not sure what to do with sdrl. Bleed some off against profitable gains, then rebuy later if sensible... Or just hold.

I sold SDRL on the way down. I spent 20 minutes thinking about it and lost $2 more, ended up selling at $17.19. Bought it back yesterday at $11. It may take a while, but I expect to come back with it.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
I sold SDRL on the way down. I spent 20 minutes thinking about it and lost $2 more, ended up selling at $17.19. Bought it back yesterday at $11. It may take a while, but I expect to come back with it.

The thing with SDRL is that while I agree that it will come back (and Im holding a good amount of it, so I sure hope it does!), they cut the dividend. Good move in terms of bottom line, but unlike LINE and others who took a hard hit and seem to be implying that they will attempt to maintain the distribution (could change!), SDRL cut it completely. So unless you sold a while back and re-bought at the ground floor, you may have idle money for a while (like me) without even a meager dividend.

And had I doubled down, at least Id have had that profit to take or sit on!

I keep losing little scores because I hesitate, paralysis of analysis, sort of... I was watching LINE, and got distracted. I was willing to buy, just wasn't sure of the price. If I would have cut a buy order at say $10, I would be a happy camper today. I would rather have LINE and hold for the div. I may still buy LINE if it dips again, In the mean time I have SDRL. If I were to sell it today, I'd have a 11% gain.

One thing for sure, I don't have the nerves for day trading...

Yeah, ARR did, but it was pretty much priced in. I think ARR is pretty good for now, though Ill probably shift my exposure to mREITs into AROW before too long, on an AROW dip.

One saying says the 1st 5 trading days in January is usually what happens during the year. There's also the same one for what happens the entire month of January, so goes the entire year.

Anyone buy into these?? (Pun intended)

“October: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August and February.”

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: when he can't afford it and when he can."

- Mark Twain

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I bought LINE, SDRL and NE today.

Cool.

I cannot look. Yet. Still hanging to LINE/LNCO & SDRL. I'll wait until after the 1st to look, evaluate and buy/sell whatever other things (hopefully) look good.

No way Gas/Oil is going to stay this low, but what do you guys think??

Bought LINE on the open..

I snagged it at $10 this morning along with CALL options, I sold the stock at $11.50. I'll hold the calls and see how it plays out.-RD

Originally Posted By: rockydee
Bought LINE on the open..

I snagged it at $10 this morning along with CALL options, I sold the stock at $11.50. I'll hold the calls and see how it plays out.-RD

Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back