9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrQuackers

Site Donor 2024
A time to reflect. Please be positive and say a prayer/meditate. No politics please. Thank you.

In my lifetime there have been 3 days that made the entire world come to a standstill.

November 22, 1963
July 21, 1969
September 11, 2001

I remember exactly where I was each one of those days. It's hard to believe that September 11 is already 13 years past.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
In my lifetime there have been 3 days that made the entire world come to a standstill.

November 22, 1963
July 21, 1969
September 11, 2001

I remember exactly where I was each one of those days. It's hard to believe that September 11 is already 13 years past.

X2 63 I was two years old but I remember the funeral .

November 22, 1963
July 21, 1969
September 11, 2001

Interesting regarding 1963. Not to downplay the Kennedy assassination at all, but I'd have thought that 25 Oct. 63 would have been on the list.

Having lost friends and neighbors in 9/11, it is one to reflect upon and to remember all those touched by the incident. Thinking about those lost, and those who remain and must face the pain of their lost family.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Interesting regarding 1963. Not to downplay the Kennedy assassination at all, but I'd have thought that 25 Oct. 63 would have been on the list.

Other than the Beatles beginning their 1st full foreign tour in Sweden, I'm not sure much happened on October 25, 1963.

Now the Cuban missile crisis was different issue, but that happened in 1962 rather than 1963. While noteworthy, the Cuban missile crisis didn't stop everything like the other 3. Most people didn't know how dangerous a situation it was until long after it was over, even after Kennedy's speech.

9/11 is this generation's pearl harbor, a day that will live in infamy and marks a turning point in our nation's psyche

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Other than the Beatles beginning their 1st full foreign tour in Sweden, I'm not sure much happened on October 25, 1963.

Now the Cuban missile crisis was different issue, but that happened in 1962 rather than 1963. While noteworthy, the Cuban missile crisis didn't stop everything like the other 3. Most people didn't know how dangerous a situation it was until long after it was over, even after Kennedy's speech.

Aah yes, 1962, whoops. Decades before my time, so what you hear about it now almost seems to be a bit more sensational than what anybody ever knew about the danger; sort of like what you said.

But that's a discussion for another thread

It's funny, the media circus surrounds 9/11 but carefully ignores everything else that was just as bad, just as dishonest.

I have to walk on eggshells because I offended a co-worker about why can't the media & the people themselves can't let the wound close.

They should be reading every soldier that has died to this point defending their freedoms from said terrorist.

The amount of hypocrisy surrounding it all is just magnificent. Let us(9/11) mourn loud & proud but everyone else should do it quietly.

No one day or one event deserves any more mourning than another.

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223

They should be reading every soldier that has died to this point defending their freedoms from said terrorist.

Those days are called "Memorial Day" and "Veterans Day".

I was pointing more towards the brave ones sent to ME after 9/11/01 but I wasn't clear so point taken.

To me it is no less tragic a day than the Oklahoma City bombing via Timothy McVea

I will tread lightly. I agree with you Pop and will add we volunteer knowing that the ultimate sacrifice may be made.
9-11 is sad day for our country and lets not forget the events of 9-11-2012 either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back