1994 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.0 V8

Status
Not open for further replies.
208,000 miles. Just bought this truck and I think I got a great deal. It is sooo much better than anything else I've looked at the last few months in this year range.
Clean underneath with very little rust, new KYB shocks, lots of new under the hood...plugs, wires, etc..and service records from the Ford Dealership from day one! Even has the Ford Dealership oil change sticker showing next due. Runs and drives great. Everything works. A little rust at the corners and above rear wheels.
The guy just bought a new motorhome and was anxious to get this truck out of the driveway...he took my $1500 offer. Nice Goodyear Wrangler tires.
I noticed the few drops of oil underneath, so I will try one of the dino HM oils.

Sounds like a keeper. Have you checked where the leak is coming from before you start with a HM oil to try to mask it? Could just be valve cover gaskets or an oil pan gasket (if it's easy to change) then maybe you can fix the leaks. Tranny and differential been serviced?

If you are happy the it sounds like you got a pretty good deal. I had a 1989 that had close to 200k miles when I sold it and still ran great.

Congratulations...
10.gif

The old 5.0 in the f150 was not the most powerful or fuel efficient engine but they're reliable and run forever. The body will give out before the engine.

We still have a '96 with the 5.0 and 185k, it's been used and abused and still goes and fires right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back