Automotive Confession

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first car back in 2005 was a rusted out 1987 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale. To be honest, I wanted a "granny mobile" even though all the other kids at school were driving new BMW's and such. We bought the car a year before I could drive, it was almost summer vacation time too. I found a tag that was only expired a year out and put it on the car. I would sneak out when my parents went to work. At the time I lived in rural Pennsylvania, never seen any law enforcement in the 7 years we lived there. There was an occasion the neighbor caught me coming home, but never ratted me out. He was an old car guy and I imagine he done the same when he was young. Just got done getting home from a buddies house up the road and the car just quit in the driveway in spot. It would spit and sputter, but never hit. Come to find out the fuel sending unit was fubar and at a half a tank it was empty... My how lucky I got...

I always thought the Nash Metropolitan, in turquoise, was kind of cute.

Hudson_Metropolitan_Convertible_1957.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HM12460
You guys are sick, sick, sick!! I'm looking for a 1975-78 2 door Ford LTD.

My mother is still driving one of those.
smile.gif

I tell my wife that we save money if I work on my car rather than having a mechanic fix it. In exchange I get to buy tools. Saved hundreds of dollars already replacing radiator, AC compressor, drive axle, tie rods, lower control arms, etc. I'm a vacuum pump, cordless impact wrench, triple square bits, and numerous wrench sockets richer. So far, none of the repair have broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back