Odd car happenings in '04

Status
Not open for further replies.
From another forum I freqent....

from the Chicago Trib..

Consumer Reports magazines annual reliability study finds the Buick Regal is more reliable than the Toyota Camry, the industry's top selling car in 2003.

After celebrating for an hour and a half - Buick drops the Regal for the LaCrosse.

The much-maligned Pontiac Aztek outsells the high-performance GTO.

So GM adds a higher output V8 to the GTO and lowers production ---- and discontinues the Aztek

Based on production figures, demand for Japanese cars is highest in the United States and Europe,

and lowest in Japan.

Influential JD Power releases its annual Dependability Study of owner satisfaction after 3 years ownership.

It rates the Chevy Prizm, Cadillac Eldorado, Buick Century and Chrysler Concorde among the most dependable in the industry ----

but fails to note that each has been discontinued.

Jim Farley, head of Toyota's youth-oriented Scion division, says the boxy xB wagon that's uglier than Aztek is his top seller,

despite almost being vetoed when Toyota executives asked:

"When do the clowns come out?"

evidently Buick got the cup holder fixed.....

in 98 we shopped for a new car, wanted the 98 regal GS so bad I could taste it. But it was a bit more $$ than we budgeted. And every single one we looked at (new, dozens and several Houston area dealers) had a broken cup holder....even ones that hadn't been prepped yet had it.

Is that really that serious? no, probably not. But it did make me wonder about the parts that I couldn't see.

But I absolutely loved the interior of that GS....

quote:

Originally posted by Matt_S:
About the Lacrosse, boy what a gorgeous car. I've gotten to look at a CXS model up close and sit inside. I'm impressed. Very stylish and quite sexy for a Buick. I like the VVT V6 option, too. I'd be very interested to drive one and to see how the reliability is. My only disappointment was the lack of a 5 speed automatic (they're using the 4T65E). Base engine is the 3800 series III.

My gripe is the lack of the MT...

I have a saab 9-3, the LaCrosse is based upon it (not the engine/trans though), and I love my car. The buick is a real nice design!

JMH

The Saab is an Eplison car, the LAcrosse is a W-body, completely different. I could care less about the 5 speed, the 3800 doesn't need it. It could have used better styling though, I'll stick with the Lesabre until they kill that.

quote:

Originally posted by Matt_S:
About the Lacrosse, boy what a gorgeous car. I've gotten to look at a CXS model up close and sit inside. I'm impressed. Very stylish and quite sexy for a Buick. I like the VVT V6 option, too. I'd be very interested to drive one and to see how the reliability is. My only disappointment was the lack of a 5 speed automatic (they're using the 4T65E). Base engine is the 3800 series III.

I'd like it if they got rid of that grill...looks to much like a LaSabre to me and I don't want people to think I am 80 years old while driving (as 90% of all Buick owners are). From the side or the back it looks much better than Buick's previous cars, though.

quote:

"When do the clowns come out?"

lol.gif
lol.gif

That was one of my first thoughts at seeing one of these.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back