Automotive Confession

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: callbay
I enjoy hearing stories about non BITOG people not changing their oil ever or for many tens of thousands of miles over the recommended OCI.

here, corrected for you;

-example, one of the many mechanics used by my SIL for her now un-insurance totaled Toyota celica stickshift: "i'm a toyota certified tech, my daughter got her defunct engine on the dealers floor as a DO NOT DO THAT example because she didn't change the Original factory oil for 80,000 miles...."

my turn now: i'm still keeping a BIG bag of popcorn for when we get a thread with GHT and synlube on the same 12,345,678 pages of posts....

I have to convince myself weekly not to replace the cracked dashboard ($1,000) in a car that is worth
Everything else on the car is perfect. Obviously I can't do it - it would be stupid.

Even with an unlimited budget, my daily driver would still be a Ford Ranger.

I rode shotgun in a 1996 Mustang (not stock) that ran out of speedometer on a rural highway. The speedometer went to 150 MPH and was pegged. The car was still accelerating.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Even with an unlimited budget, my daily driver would still be a Ford Ranger.

I rode shotgun in a 1996 Mustang (not stock) that ran out of speedometer on a rural highway. The speedometer went to 150 MPH and was pegged. The car was still accelerating.

My charger says 160mph and I've had it there and the car was still pulling.

Well my confession would be wanting to own a pony car from all of the big 3

Challenger,terminator with more boost and a 5.0 4V and a camaro zl-1.
I'd love a dohc mid to late 90s corvette zr-1. I loved the sound of that engine.
A 67 corvette with a tri powered 427 is hot. Or the ford 427 sohc in a 70 fastback,with a 6 speed from today.
Yes confessions and dreams

I was tempted this morning coming into work to park my diesel pickup in a parking space reserved for electric cars so I could plug in the block heater. But when I got there, only one spot was left, so I chickened out.

I wish I could put an auxiliary transmission into my Jetta, then it'd do 99% of what I need&want, vs having a truck around.

I like hatchbacks.

Imprezzas. Outbacks, Crosstreks, VW Golfs, Jetta, and Passat wagons. Diesel of course though.
wink.gif

It was 1973. I was a newly licensed 16 year old. My Dad's business partner had a 1961 Maserati 3500GT. 220hp DOHC six, triple Webers, 5 speed, aluminum body. He's taking a week's vacation with the family and parks the car in our driveway, leaving the key in case we needed to move the car around.
You know what happened. After school each day, I would "exercise" the car by driving it around town. It was heaven to a 16 year old gearhead. The good news is that not a scratch or dent was incurred. I was VERY lucky, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
An example of the type recently changed hands at auction for $181,000.
It is said that confession is good for the soul. Another drive in that car would be better for my soul, I think.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I love 80's and early 90's Chrysler products.

So do I. Actually owned 1987 Shelby Lancer #24 for 6 years in addition to 3 Daytonas, 2 Lancers and one Omni GLH. Always looking for one.
and
I do like BMWs in addition to select other imports.

Originally Posted By: chestand
It was 1973. I was a newly licensed 16 year old. My Dad's business partner had a 1961 Maserati 3500GT. 220hp DOHC six, triple Webers, 5 speed, aluminum body. He's taking a week's vacation with the family and parks the car in our driveway, leaving the key in case we needed to move the car around.
You know what happened. After school each day, I would "exercise" the car by driving it around town. It was heaven to a 16 year old gearhead. The good news is that not a scratch or dent was incurred. I was VERY lucky, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
It is said that confession is good for the soul. Another drive in that car would be better for my soul, I think.

I think the closest I've ever come to that car was the one in HO scale that came with my Aurora Model Motoring set for Christmas 1964. (The other car in the set was a fastback Mustang.)

Originally Posted By: chestand

Bueller....Bueller...?

And I thought driving our '83 Le Car around the block when I was 15 and my parents were not home was bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back