Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If quarter 2 GDP is bad this year and the Fed announces they're doing more QE/unwinding taper etc., expect stocks to rip even higher.

Can the vix go negative?

I have a sum from an insurance settlement sitting gathering dust (i.e. money market rates, i.e. losing ground to inflation). A market correction would be my buying opportunity......

LINE/LNCO got a nice bump today.....
smile.gif

...and why did I not buy some GPRO a couple days ago??
frown.gif
Anyone buy it?

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Hmmmm..

Buying opportunity??

Or start of a correction........

I have been saving cash...

Wayne

I've been wrong before, but I think we're near the start of a deep correction. Now the 30 year treasury divergence is even stronger; treasuries are outperforming stocks on a relative basis while the SP500 has made higher highs. Maybe that divergence is meaningless now but it signaled the 2000 top, 2007 top, and 2011 correction.
NYSE A/D had a huge divergance over the last month as well. Glad I've been in TMF almost the entire year. Up 15% just in the last 2 weeks. I'm out of SPY as this is a clear weekly momentum sell signal today.

Also, all the indexes are just scraping their long term top uptrendlines, and so are breadth indicators like advance decline and bolton tremblay. At would be fairly normal for everything to hit revert to their means and visit bottom trendlines, but the indexes are so far ahead of themselves that the bottom trend channel lines are like 15%+ lower!

Originally Posted By: Warstud
They really sold into that rally. Be careful

OUCH!!!

Dow Industrials -317.06 -1.88%

S&P 500 1930.67 -39.40 -2.00%

Nasdaq Comp 4369.77 -93.13 -2.09%

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Originally Posted By: Pablo
And I'm out.

Out of what?

Wayne

Thanks for asking. Yesterday I sold:

FNMIX
FFRHX
EEP
1/2 my PFO
AUY
BEP
AGNC
MET
JGT
FITB
FE
EXC

Off the top of my head.

Heads up:
COT results came with an interesting forex setup today. Last time we had that setup was in May 2012 and dollar fell and gold skyrocketed till October. There is also a huge gold inverted H&S formation spanning more than one year. This may be huge if it works as planned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back