Havoline vs Pennzoil 5W20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been running Havoline with great mileage. Going to try Pennzoil conventional due to the increased moly I have read about. Is this a better oil all the way around?

thanks

They are both great oils. I've always liked Havoline, and tend to use more of it because it tends to be less expensive. You can't go wrong with either one.

While Pennzoil is my "go to" oil, I use Havoline regularly when I find it on sale.

You'll be pleased either way.

Both are quality oils.

My lips are sealed. I run 5w30 in my Ford Ranger that calls for 5w20. Seems to make run smoother.http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forums/1/1/Passenger_Car_Motor_Oil_(PCMO)

Originally Posted By: oilchangeguy
your running 5w30 in a Honda?

Only for this OCI. I had it in the stash and it needed to get used up. Havoline 5w30 is a thin 30wt. The engine is nice and smooth and I can't tell a difference in my fuel mileage. I'll be going back to 0w20 and 5w20 oils after this 5w30 is finished.

Both are quality oils that will protect your vehicle. If you've been using Havoline, go ahead and try PYB for a few changes and see if your vehicle likes it better. If it feels the same, then use which ever is cheapest, because both will protect your engine just fine.

I think that PYB is better on paper and in the real world but, IDK if any engine can tell the difference between the two. I also use more Havoline dino oil and almost no PYB. I did have quite a stash of PP for a while but, it's gone!

For conventional, Havoline for the price as PYB (while being the best conventional) is overpriced any you can get a syn for about the same pricepoint (within $1 or less in my area). If we are talking about Synthetic, then it would be Pennzoil... or QS. Sure, you can find Havoline for $20 or less but you can also find QS Syn for that same pricepoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back