2009 BMW 3 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it.

Your arrogant friend got a little karma.

To the OP, that 335XI is a hot little beast.

Especially with a Dinan upgrade on it.

Don't drive it unless you're ready to buy one yourself or marry that girl.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6

Car and Driver clocked it at 4.6 seconds 0-60 mph. A 2013 228i will do it in 4.9 sec, close anyway. Wonder how a Dinan chip improves those numbers? Maybe get it to equal a 2014 Cadillac CTS turbo-V6's 4.4 seconds.

Hold on... I have a BMW in my hoard. For the average person, I think a used BMW is a big mistake. The average mechanic won't even work on one... all those weird e torx... all that plastic [censored] that breaks when you're working on it... having to remove the suspension and lift the engine just to change an oil pan gasket... people don't understand why it's so much more expensive to have their BMW worked on than say, a Toyota... and for the vast majority of people out there, the incremental improvement in center of mass of having a low-slung engine just isn't worth it... but if you're an enthusiast, it is...

Originally Posted By: Ndx
yup
smile.gif
If it was serviced at BMW, FOB will have all the info ...

Maybe I'm wrong, but all the key FOB has is the VIN. The VIN is then used by the dealer's system to search their service DB so that they can pull all the service work done on that VIN.

So in that sense, giving the key to the dealer is no different from giving them your vehicle's VIN.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
truth! I can't tell you how many nights I've laid in bed thinking: "I wish I'd bought a Corolla."

When I got my first BMW, an 86 325es that needed many maint. items, incl a rebuilt driveshaft, a/c rebuild etc. I really wished I had a Prelude or Celica!

Sure I learnt a lot about those cars in a hurry, but I could have saved myself a lot of time and headache. Time I could have better invested chasing girls
20.gif

Originally Posted By: FetchFar

Car and Driver clocked it at 4.6 seconds 0-60 mph. A 2013 228i will do it in 4.9 sec, close anyway. Wonder how a Dinan chip improves those numbers? Maybe get it to equal a 2014 Cadillac CTS turbo-V6's 4.4 seconds.

I have a dealer buddy that had a 2013 M3 for is demo.

His wife's car was a 2013 335XI that the dealership had installed a Dinan mod on the engine.

He said there was no difference in the acceleration between the two cars.

Of course the 2013 M3 only developed 400 naturally aspirated HP.

But that's German HP.

Checking the car out tonight. She's letting me take it for a good drive too. I'm sure I'll love it.

I have a dealer buddy that had a 2013 M3 for is demo.

His wife's car was a 2013 335XI that the dealership had installed a Dinan mod on the engine.

He said there was no difference in the acceleration between the two cars.

Of course the 2013 M3 only developed 400 naturally aspirated HP.

But that's German HP.

I have a line on a 2011 135i M Sport DCT with the Stage 2 Dinan software. It is an absolute monster. The owner is ordering an M235i. I think I'd still rather have the 1er; while the 2 Series is a bit more attractive, the 1 doesn't feel as isolated from the road.

Car was very nice. Loved the heavy but accurate steering. Nice traditional European interior. Simple, but nice materials and great placement of everything. The power was nice. It's been a while since I really got behind a powerful awd car. The power felt linear through each gear. Lots of power but it felt controlled and not abrupt or in your face like I'd expect from a twin turbo. Turbo lag felt non existent from what I experienced.

Exhaust was louder and meaner sounding than expected. I wonder if it was stock. Looked it. Great car. Would just like to have a little more fun time with it on some better roads.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: MCompact

I have a line on a 2011 135i M Sport DCT with the Stage 2 Dinan software. It is an absolute monster. The owner is ordering an M235i. I think I'd still rather have the 1er; while the 2 Series is a bit more attractive, the 1 doesn't feel as isolated from the road.

Now that sounds like a plan there.

The guy moves up to the M235i and you can sock that 135i M Sport away in your garage.

With a 3 year old BMW, you'd be paying for pure value.

lol, not anytime soon. Especially with us also having the Focus ST. Might as well add that to the sig.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back