TCW-3 and EGR valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: otis24
Does the use of TCW-3 in the fuel tank have any effect on cleaning/lubricating the EGR valve?

I don't think so because the PCV sucks oil vapors into the intake system for burning.

Fact is, EGR valve forms a feedback system by routing exhaust gas (burned) back into the intake part and mix with fresh charge (fuel+air mixture) and gets burned again and helps keeping the peak combustion chamber temperature below peak (where NOx forms).

because it takes on exhaust gas which has sufficiently "combusted", there shouldn't be any residual matters sufficient to lubricate the EGR valve. Hexk! It's not mean to receive lubrication to begin with!

In summary: not everything in a modern engine needs extra lubrication, definitely not the EGR valve, and I am a strong believer that there's no such need for extra lubricity inside the combustion chamber...

Q.

I figure if it did anything it would gunk it up worse.

I used to have to clean the electric EGRs, and throttle bodies, of my Saturn s series annually. They burned some motor oil. Now, we know motor oil isn't exactly TCW3, as the 2 stroke is meant to be burnt, but JMO don't expect miracles.

Part of my inspiration for finding BITOG was finding less volatile oil that wouldn't gunk up my system as much.

We see sooting and deposits in egr diesels, going as far back as the early 1980s.

Egr can have issues if residual oil vapors reside in the exhaust.

However, in catalyzed systems, residual hydrocarbons would be harmful to the converter and cause am over temp situation. Since tcw 3 is used at such low concentrations, and burns clean, I'd bet that it is not any sort of increased deposit issue.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
We see sooting and deposits in egr diesels, going as far back as the early 1980s.

Egr can have issues if residual oil vapors reside in the exhaust.

However, in catalyzed systems, residual hydrocarbons would be harmful to the converter and cause am over temp situation. Since tcw 3 is used at such low concentrations, and burns clean, I'd bet that it is not any sort of increased deposit issue.

X2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back