Another car another question about oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked earlier about the corolla. Now about my 2003 Crown Victoria with the 4.6L v8.
The vic has 162,00 klm or 100,667 miles on it.
I've had the car since 07 & have had the oil changed every 3200 miles.
The owners manual says SAE 5W-20 Motorcraft Premium Synthetic Blend 6 quarts, Ford Spec WSS-M2C153-H with API Certification Mark.

I change the PCV valve at least twice a year, for some reason it gets gunked up easily. It's been that way since I got the car.

I'm getting an oil/lube/filter change tomorrow.

I noticed the oil seems a bit dirtier this time than I've seen it before & have no idea why.
Should I stick with the above mentioned oil, or would a high mileage semi-synthetic oil be better for the engine at this stage in its life? Brands found easily in Canada please.

95% highway driving in Canada. I drive around 50 to 65 mph depending on time of year etc.

Motorcraft 5W20 .....and a motorcraft filter....you can't go wrong.

If there is any tubing between the pcv valve and the engine, I'd make sure that that line is not full of gunk. Not familiar with your cars set up, but a tube full of gunk right up against a new valve is a recipe for short lived pcv valve. Just a thought.

As a 4.6L owner, I will agree that Motorcraft makes great oil and filters. I used it for a while, and it was decent. But I personally like the way Valvoline Synpower has performed in it (while using a Purolator PureOne filter). I'm at 113k (miles) and have zero varnish/sludge. Valvoline Maxlife performed great in the last 4.6L I owned as well. But I don't want to start a brand war.

Bottom line, these motors are virtually bulletproof. Don't sweat it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back