Remote transmission filter set-up fittings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received my remote transmission filter mount for my 2007 Toyota Tundra. The kit came with 2 straight brass barb fittings that will not work for the location I am setting up the filter. In searching for Elbow (90°) Brass barb fittings I am finding that all the brass fittings are rated for low pressure and roughly 200° operating temperature. Will these suffice for my transmission fluid and expected pressure or would there be a better option in the same price range? Stainless? I have seen the AN fittings but they are quite pricey.

I used the elbows from my local Menard's. You sure that operating temperature is correct? My packages said max operating pressure of 200psi but did not specify a maximum temperature.

Don't think the trans lines to the radiator would be held in place by hose clamps if the pressure was anywhere near 200psi in the cooler circuit.

So far I've been using those Menard's elbows on a Grand Cherokee and Toyota Corolla, 3 and 2 years respectively, no issues to report.

I used the ones from Lowe's twice now on two separate vehicles with no problems. Should be ok for the average vehicle's transmission.

Thanks gentlemen,

The barbs that came with the mount do not look special at all. The elbow one's I found just said low pressure but did not say anything about the actual pressure rating but had a temperature range that said up to 200°. Would a Stainless fitting be a better option? Off to home depot/Lowe's I go.

Brass works fine at temperatures well above 200 deg. F. Your hoses are probably worth more attention than the brass fittings regarding temperature and pressure.

Originally Posted By: AlaskaMike
Brass works fine at temperatures well above 200 deg. F. Your hoses are probably worth more attention than the brass fittings regarding temperature and pressure.

I will be replacing the now 7 year old hoses with new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back