Bought another echo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok. A different kind of echo

http://www.echo-usa.com/products/chain-saws/cs-400

Got the 18"

Thought I would post it now, since there is another thread on new chainsaws. This is my first saw; i bought it because a friend of mine heats with wood and a guy at work made a number of felled trees available for the taking; Instead of paying $220/cord, i figure i would invest the money and get some exercise in the meantime. I bought it last October and have had it running about different instances for probably a total of 12 hours. An Echo service place is within walking distance of my house.

Since I have no basis for comparison to others, i can just say that i am immensely pleased with the ease of use and startability of the saw. The only problem start i had was when I primed it 4 times (like the dealer suggested) Now I prime it once maybe twice and it starts on the third pull (pull, pull, choke off pull)

5 year consumer warranty; Dealer did not usually carry larger echo saws, but didn't flinch at ordering one up for me.

Thanks to boraticus for giving me some pointers and convincing me there isnt just two choices of mfg for home use saws.

Last edited:
If I were buying a saw it would be an Echo. That's based on my 12 year old Echo weed wacker. It still works great, with only a fuel line replaced.

I have a cs370.only issue is that the carb gums up every year. Dont matter if i drain the fuel,leave it full or run the non ethanol fuel in the can. Every year its carb has to be rebuilt

I have this saw, it does well, i use it for small stuff and limbing a tree. I do need a larger 70cc saw To replace my old one. This saw starts and works great. I don't use the comsumer chains on it ( with reduced bite). It will not pull a full chisel chain. WIth a small cutter it really runs well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
An Echo service place is within walking distance of my house.

And thats what matters the most here
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: andyd
What kinda logs you bucking up that you need an 18" bar?

The stuff is
As with snow blowers, if it can't do the biggest job you might face, you might as well not have bought one.

Got two cases of that Tru fuel, can't pass up that deal.

I got a CS450 about 3 years ago. Good saw. A proper chain, instead of the low kickback, really woke my saw up. I have cut a lot of oak with it and it has been flawless. A serious amount of oak, plus mesquite.

My Echo dealer makes chains on site. Anything from mild to wild.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I have this saw, it does well, i use it for small stuff and limbing a tree. I do need a larger 70cc saw To replace my old one. This saw starts and works great. I don't use the comsumer chains on it ( with reduced bite). It will not pull a full chisel chain. WIth a small cutter it really runs well.

Actually i have the cs 450, i thought is was the 400 til i looked. either way its a good saw.
I'm thinking about the cs 8000 an 80 cc echo saw. About $850. The only thing i worry about is service, there are probably more stil or huskey service centers around than echo.

Actually i have the cs 450, i thought is was the 400 til i looked. either way its a good saw.
I'm thinking about the cs 8000 an 80 cc echo saw. About $850. The only thing i worry about is service, there are probably more stil or huskey service centers around than echo.

How about a Husqvarna 576 XP® AutoTune?

576-xp-autotune-23b2835.png

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/forest/products/xp-saws/576-xp-autotune-175921/

Cs 400 is a great saw. I ve had mine about 6 years and only had the coil go out 1 time. the repair is free for life sme for part. I ve ran the heck out of mine. Cutting 20+ cords a year.... Great saw!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back