I just got the Echo Chainsaw deal at Home Depot. 50cc model 4910,

$279, regularly $400, this is the last of the non emission controlled 2 strokes, . The model is being replaced by the clamshell style 4920 which is more of a homeowner style saw.

It is a 50cc saw, and quite well made. Metal crankcase, enclosed clutch, 4 enclosed loop transfer ports, dual ring modern open frame piston, 300 hour emissions rating, removable muffler restrictor for more HP. It even has a real, metal on/off switch! Nice.

51tPK4rGEtL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Are we going to have a lot more oil related OPE threads now that they are on the path to becoming irreplaceable?
Not sure, but I'm using VP C9 fuel in the Echo chainsaw, and a break-in mixture of 24 to 1 of the old Mobil 1 MX2t two stroke oil. One tank only.

By the way, the unit runs great! I'll do the muffler mod in a bit. It's very easy to do on this unit, as the muffler restrictor can be removed, altered with a welded on 3/4 inch pipe on the outside, and installed with the OEM screws. Adds 1 full HP.

728634-c39abab16084479ee485302d440964c4.jpg

Not sure, but I'm using VP C9 fuel in the Echo chainsaw, and a break-in mixture of 24 to 1 of the old Mobil 1 MX2t two stroke oil. One tank only.

By the way, the unit runs great! I'll do the muffler mod in a bit. It's very easy to do on this unit, as the muffler restrictor can be removed, altered with a welded on 3/4 inch pipe on the outside, and installed with the OEM screws. Adds 1 full HP.

Does that mod make it appreciably louder?

You'll love it. I have 3 saws from different brands, and my Echo CS-3510 is the one I grab most of the time unless I need to cut bigger wood. It starts effortlessly and has a great power to weight ratio. Not to mention it also sips fuel. Just put about 2 hours of use on mine today.

Shows $400 here. I will have to ask tomorrow.
Yeah same with my local Home Depots.

To anyone with one of these saws definitely do the muffler mod and re-tune the carburetor. You can remove the plastic limiters with a wood screw. After the re-tune and muffler mod they are a much stronger saw.

I think a full HP gain might be a bit exaggerated how was this tested

Are the HD models same quality as dealer models? I worked for John Deere, and the big stores sold some cheap crap that Deere sold them for lawnmowers. They were not the same quality.

Are the HD models same quality as dealer models? I worked for John Deere, and the big stores sold some cheap crap that Deere sold them for lawnmowers. They were not the same quality.
Yes the Echo saws are the same.

FYI, you can buy the same Deere models found in Home Depot at a Deere dealership. The 100 series is just their bottom tier of riding lawn mowers. The higher end X300, X500 and X700 series are only found at the dealerships, and you will likely get better service buying from a dealer is the difference.

Back