Mobile BITOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
As many of us I bet have smart phones, while I'm at work not having access to a computer and such, I would love to browse BITOG with a mobile layout with the forum detecting the UserAgent or integrating Tapatalk.

I do most of my posting from the stock android browser. It works okay most of the time but i could see how a smaller screen would have trouble. I have an Htc one

That is a really good idea. Another great idea would be some kind of notice function. To tell you if something happens on an old thread.

We know many people browse these forums on mobile devices and are looking at a couple different solutions that will give us mobile support. Timeframe is uncertain as the change is significant - stay tuned.

Wayne

BITOG is simply an installation of UBB.threads (Check out the notice "Powered by UBB.threads™ 7.5.8" at the bottom of these pages. It is not like someone crafted the code for this forum from scratch... Many folks use forum-browsing apps like Tapatalk.

Originally Posted By: wwillson
We know many people browse these forums on mobile devices and are looking at a couple different solutions that will give us mobile support. Timeframe is uncertain as the change is significant - stay tuned.

Wayne

Awesome, Thanks for the heads up

tapatalk doesnt support ubbthreads 7.5.8
(no apps specifically support ubb 7.5.8)

I usually use Chrome for android just for bitog.

the zoom in when you hit small buttons feature works great.

its not the best solution but much better than stock browser.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back