BITOG 400 Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been fighting getting on BITOG the last two days. Comes up with a 400 error saying something about too many letters in my heading. I should have written it down.

Rebooted, cleared cookies and browsing history. Thought that did the trick and now the problem is back. I have BITOG saved in my favorites, so I am not manually typing in the address. Scared to sign off now or I might not be able to access again.

I go to other websites daily, no problem with those. Any ideas or suggestions?

I'll try and do that next time it happens, Wayne. For right now, I am scared to log out and try it again. Might be hard to get back here.

This morning I had to hit my favorites probably 10 or more times, to get access. Error after error, then it let me in.

I'll try and do that next time it happens, Wayne. For right now, I am scared to log out and try it again. Might be hard to get back here.

This morning I had to hit my favorites probably 10 or more times, to get access. Error after error, then it let me in.
I would use a utility like CCleaner to remove all the cruft from your browser cache

Reactions: WDB
Try from another computer.
I only have one computer and don't drive. Thought at first the site was down. But I got on my cell and had access to read.
Never tried to log in, not so sure I even remember the password. Have it saved to this computer. I'm an old man and detest that cell phone. Last I ever used internet on it was close to 3 years ago when I was still working. The phone is only used for text messages.
All conversations are over my land line.

I would use a utility like CCleaner to remove all the cruft from your browser cache
I downloaded CCleaner and ran it, I got back in here anyway. Will report back if I have anymore problems.
Thank you!

Sounds like the computer is like a lifeline, and if so, a backup would be helpful. A cheap used laptop on Ebay for $100-$200 would be an option, if for nothing else than backing up your photos and files.
That sir...is an excellent suggestion! I have only one picture on my computer and no what I would call files there.;)
So would my Wi-Fi still work for the laptop if my PC was down? I'm not very tech savvy and really have no interest in that stuff.
I mainly just read websites such and this one and watch a few YouTube videos.

Zee0six...I am running Chrome and windows 10.

So would my Wi-Fi still work for the laptop if my PC was down?
Yes, each device connects independently to your Wi-Fi modem/router. I have 7 or 8 devices connected to the same modem/router.

Have you tried any other browsers? How about Edge which is part of Windows 10. I use Firefox and never have any issues.
I have not tried a different browser. Things seem to be working fine now after the CCleaner doing it's thing.

FYI … thought there was a place a member's BITOG account to delete board cookies, but I can't find it now (on my phone right now). Maybe that was on the old board software.

Last edited:
Well...the gremlin is back this morning. I tried to do a screen shot, but no idea how to do that. Took me 3 tries to get in here. It says!

Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server limit. Additionally, a 400
bad request was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle this request.

I tried to do a screen shot, but no idea how to do that.
Hold down the Shift key and hit the Print Screen on the top right of the keyboard.
Find Paint, I get to it by clicking the Start button on the lower left of the screen and clicking on Paint.
Click on Paste at the top left of the screen. Your screen shot should appear.
Click the upside down triangle at the top left of the screen and click on Save As, then jpeg picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back