Evans Waterless Coolant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evans is great coolant for classic cars that aren't run very much IF the car has a radiator larger than it really needs. Lots of cars do have a larger radiator to cope with degradation over time. I ran Evans in my Mini Cooper (original) because the car is notorious for overheating. Evans made a bad situation worse. Not only did the temp sensor say the car was running hotter, but you could simply put your hand on any part of the block and it was quite a bit hotter, like 30 degrees. So much for Evans claims that metal temps will be lower! On the other hand, if your car can run at the thermostat temp all day long with Evans coolant in then you are a winner because the Evans has zero rust and corrosion issues. I don't think that Evans coolant is the answer for cars and bikes that tend to overheat with normal coolant, it just makes the problem worse.

Originally Posted By: carock
Evans is great coolant for classic cars that aren't run very much IF the car has a radiator larger than it really needs.

Also note that some supercars use this as the OE coolant. You'll also find it in race/rally cars and in street cars trying to push the 1000+hp range (Supra, GTR, Skyline, EVO, etc).

I wouldn't be surprised if we find one of the transport/heavy-equipment mfg starting to use this as OE in the near future. It's made huge strides in China in the mining and heavy industries.

Interesting posts. The evo's cooling system is beyond what it needs, I may give this a try. It's an 06 and rarely gets driven - yet to cross 23k miles currently

Sounds like a plan. Make sure you follow the directions for conversion and don't hesitate to ask for help.

Keep us posted!

Much of the bad experiences with higher temperatures came from people using their old formula. "NPG" was truly non-aqueous propylene glycol - 100% PG. It was thick and had flow issues. The new formula "NPG+c" or simply "High Performance" is way thinner and works well in cold weather (unlike the original NPG).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back