Castrol Power RS 4T 10-50 Motorcycle Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a UOA or any experience using this oil.

Walmart ( at least up here ) stopped carrying the Mob 1 Vtwin 20-50 and now carry this as there only sync 50 weight motorcycle oil.

Is the Thunderbird an air cooled or water cooled bike?

I've been using this oil in my Harley 96 cu in engine this spring and it seems to be fine. I see in the UK they recommend the 10-50 weight for Harleys, but I know in the US they recommend a 20-50.

Many here have been using the Castrol 5-50 with no issues, so I figured the 10-50 would be a bit better with less spread in the range.

I was a Mobil 1 vtwin 20-50 user but can't buy it locally here so I have to find something else and like to use synthetics.

Man that blows that you can no longer get the M1 V-twin 20W50, it is great stuff. Why not buy Amsoil MCV 20W50, it is on par with the Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W50 and raved about by a lot of Harley owners. Plus the Amsoil is a true group IV synthetic while the Castrol is severely refined conventional oil legal to label 'synthetic.'

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Man that blows that you can no longer get the M1 V-twin 20W50, it is great stuff. Why not buy Amsoil MCV 20W50, it is on par with the Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W50 and raved about by a lot of Harley owners. Plus the Amsoil is a true group IV synthetic while the Castrol is severely refined conventional oil legal to label 'synthetic.'

The M1 v-twin oil isn't all that great. My top end sounded like it was gonna blow up. Amsoil was way better in that respect,waaaaaaaaay better.
In fact of every oil I've used in my Harley M1 was by and far the worst I've had in it. 15 bucks a quart and by 1000 miles I drained it and put in automotive RP 20w-50. That oil was way better in service as far as noise.
Now I know that more noise doesn't always equate to more wear however less noise tells me there is more of a cushion of oil at the parts that are making noise.
I've got conventional rotella in my Harley right now. Thus far I like it. No top end noise at 3000 miles on the oil. I'm gonna run it to 5000 miles and go from there.
If anyone wants to trade I've got M1 v-twin and m1 mc 10w-40 I'd trade for German castrol or M1 0w-40.

Originally Posted By: cycleman
Actually I have gone with the Amsoil 20-50 Motorcycle oil. Seems to work fine and I just wanted to stay with a sync oil.

Try the straight 60 stuff. I liked it in service.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger

I like your thinking and very true. Well I never looked into the Amsoil thing, Castrol was the inventor of cheaper higher profit modified conventional oil called synthetic and in Germany illegal to call it synthetic so Castrol has to sell the real stuff there.

Last edited:
I've been using the Castrol RS 10W-50 in my Triumph Tiger 1050 and have no complaints other than the cost. I ran an OCI of Rotella T, and while it did fine I can tell it shifts noticeably smoother with the Castrol. I have to use a synthetic or semi-syn for another year due to warranty requirements. I'm going to try Mag 1 semi-syn and decide whether to use that or the Rotella when my warranty is up.

I run the Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50 in one of my Harleys, and Valvoline VR-1 Racing oil (conventional) in the other two. The Valvoline VR-1 Conventional oil gets great oil analysis reports.

That Castrol RS 4T is also a good oil.

You got that right Jeff. I agree and so did my UOA.

Valvoline 4 stroke 20/50, I posted a nice UOA on it late last year. held viscosity. I put 15/40 in for the winter months and 20/50 for the warm spring, hot summers, warm fall here.
After one of the coolest rainy springs in history I still have my 15/40 in (first time ever) and when riding this hot weekend, I was thinking that I cant wait to get the 20/50 back in, bike shifts so much nicer/silky with it.

Also I am sure the Valvoline 20/50 VR1 is just as good if not better and would not hesitate to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back