2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: RedHotOptima
does the oil spec look like this?? (see below) This is for my 2.0T GDI Optima (same as sonata 2.0t).I'm guessing they threw the same spec at the 1.6T GDI thats in the veloster you have.. Similar except the optima/sonata is slightly more power dense, 12 hp more per liter. I use m1 0w-40.
120toilspec.jpg

220toilspec.jpg

320toilspec.jpg

no it just looks like a table with the info I originally posted plus the 5W30/40

from what I understand the 1.6 and the 2.0 is a completely different engine architecture, maybe that is the reason for the difference

I drove the regular version a couple weeks ago and while it doesn't have much power the VERY POINTY front end is quite fun. Turns in very quick![/quote]

I own a non-turbo 6spd manual V and love it. You're right, not a track car, but more than enough fun for the real world. This coming from a guy who has owned turbos all his life. Just wanted a simple engine that got EXCELLENT mpg. I'm with you Sonataman. i would go with QSUD in the VT. I use 2.8 qts conventional QS and 1qt QSUD - dealer maint plan calls for 5,000 mile oci using 5w20 (i bring in the 1qt of syn). Rotella (synthetic) would also be a consideration.

Note: non-turbo = 3.8 qt, oil cap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back