ARX/LC question... Smell after ARX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful how you read my comments: Terry said; "I have not used both products in tandem and am reluctant to do it as I suspect the harsher solvents in LC will attack the cleaning capabilites of the Auto-RX. NOTE : I have not tested that theory at all."

My CUSTOMERS have decided to use both at the same time on a limited basis. I have not formally tested the concept.

RichD, Auto-RX is Franks livelihood, please show some insight and wisdom about publicly castigating this fine product and its inventors comments.

Neither Auto-RX or Lubecontrol have hired me to study this issue and until then I won't have scientific testing to share on that.

Sure he is going to promote using his product for maintenance and cleaning. I would expect nothing less. Do you see Exxon Mobil promoting Pennzoil Platinum here ?

Auto-RX and Lubecontrol are correction fluids. Use them properly and verify with oil analysis for YOUR application.

Get over Frank promoting his product, thats what someone with a really unique and effective product should do! Doesn't change the FACT that the product works and works well. If you want to experiment on your own do it and use analysis to verify. Its your car and money!

Terry

Guys,

I didn't mean to start such a debate. I just wanted to know why my oil stank! I just started using LC about a year ago, and this was the first cleaning with ARX since I have been using LC.

I think that I do have to agree with Frank. It's most likely that there was still some ARX in there even after the rinse. By adding the 5 oz of LC, I'm smelling the combination of ingredients.

My truck seems to be running smooth and the mileage is good so far. I'm going to continue to monitor the oil level (make sure that none is burning off to quick), and dump it at 3,000.

Once again, thanks for all your help. That's one of the reasons that I love this place. I also want to thank all the experts for contributing to my post and helping to answer my questions. This place wouldn’t be what it is without you
worshippy.gif
. I don’t mind the “marketing” of their products in the posts. If I had something that worked, and I was a site sponsor, you bet you sweet a** that I would be marketing my product as well
patriot.gif
. This is how they make a living, and I can respect that. Everyone has to do it one way or the other.

BTW - I will continue to use both ARX and LC (FP too), because I think they are all great products that do exactly what they say they will.

Thanks again,
Brian

Brian, RichD, Russell, and all casual observers.

There is a healthy and natural tension between independent proprietary oil analysis technologists like myself and consumers/marketers.

The lines get blurred and periodically crossed.

In a very small way I helped found the oil analysis portion of this site with Bob Winters, so we could breach the obfuscated lubricant marketing data the consumer was allowed to see. We wanted good information getting to all of those that genuinely wanted to know it. We wanted YOU to use oil analysis to verify what you decide to do. All the bench tests and marketing baloney mean nothing to YOU unless that product worked well in your application.

I have to be VERY careful what I share here because of non disclosure/secrecy agreements and good business sense. I post what I know at the time , however in lube formulations and testing stuff changes and we learn new things that may or may not be posted. Be careful to read posts with that in mind, with chronological context being observed. Additionally I am a man of faith in J-E-S-U-S so I answer to him first before any other task master. I have been told that I am honest and consistent in business and I believe it is because of that fact.

Anyone can post whatever Tony will allow here, I don't want anyone to feel crushed or restricted. However if you step on my professional toes I will complain. Whether you intend to or not. Nothing personal, just business.

Brian sorry to hijack this thread. More than likely you smell carbon deposits being dispersed in the oil as it is cleaned by either additive. Since you are just up 380 from me come by and let me take a sniff!

Russell, as a oil analysis customer I hope by now you realize that what you get from me is the straight skinny on what works, advice based on empirical oil analysis results. There is no doubt in my mind that Auto-RX is helping and analysis, performance, and MPG readings should prove it.

RichD, you are not being attacked, you just pushed across that line without knowing it. Keep asking questions and posting.

Sincerely, Terry

I don't disagree with Terry's comments and clearly the group is healthier when you have various experts, people working directly in the field and manufacturers participating in discussions.

I work in an industry that many people have as a "cute hobby", I don't demean or attempt to humiliate those that have an interest in it or those that ask me questions about it simply because they may not know as much as I do or lack inside information.

My only point was to point out either direct contradictions (backed up with specific links) or opposing opinions to generate potentially a more definitive current answer. I fully appreciate that someone might change their mind on an earlier recommendation based on new knowledge or more information, I couldn't even count the number of times I have done this myself.

As far as any particular health issues that Frank may be battling, it is clearly regrettable. My comments were an attempt at being constructive and I would provide the same comments to any business representing themselves in any public or private forum.

Regards,

Rich

I think Brian's question is answered. So with that part solved, now the thread is getting personal, time to let it sleep.

grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back