Wife's 2014 Mazda 6 - official thread/pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks..yep got the tech package also.
I think touring with tech is the sweet spot as far as value goes...really enjoying the stereo and other features.
(Also windows are tinted 35% in these pictures.)
I'm in Raleigh. Still trying to spot a new 6 in the wild but they are still pretty scarce..seen any around your area?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Of the 2 colors I like silver better, partially because it is easier to keep clean.

My Boxster was silver, and that car helped me decide that I would NEVER own another silver car.
Sun hits the car just right, during just the right time of day, and you can't see through the windshield at all.

Never, never again.

BC.

Last edited:
Got my gift from Mazda today:

14C3EBA9-186D-4AA6-84AC-2E9D2AF30E97-6312-000002AF761760BE.jpg

Originally Posted By: hefe
Thanks..yep got the tech package also.
I think touring with tech is the sweet spot as far as value goes...really enjoying the stereo and other features.
(Also windows are tinted 35% in these pictures.)
I'm in Raleigh. Still trying to spot a new 6 in the wild but they are still pretty scarce..seen any around your area?

Great - we're in Fayetteville; and I agree that Touring+Tech is a good combo.
And no, I haven't seen any in my area, either.

a few questions:
Where did you get the windows tinted, by the way?
what type/brand of tint did you go with? (link?)
We will be getting it done pretty soon, too.
and is 35% the lowest NC allows?

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Vikas
This has to be some significant to the tree, right????

According to Buddhist monks that brought bonsai growing to Japan, a bonsai tree is a symbol for harmony between nature, man and soul. Perhaps Mazda feels that you can achieve similar harmony when driving the 6.

Let's hope the 6 doesn't require as much maintenance as a bonsai tree.

Originally Posted By: jigen
Got my gift from Mazda today:

14C3EBA9-186D-4AA6-84AC-2E9D2AF30E97-6312-000002AF761760BE.jpg

They gave you a used red couch?

jk. Car looks very sharp.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
I thought bonsai trees were mossy-like in appearance. Wrong?

I could be wrong, but a bonsai tree or plant can be any kind of plant or miniature tree. I think it has to do with being grown in a certain type of tray and to be pruned and shaped to their ideal size when given out.

Never thought I'd be posting on here about bonsai trees, lol.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Mazda never sent ME a Bonsai tree.

They suspected you weren't going to keep your Mazda for very long.
lol.gif

Yeah I am glad US was never affected by that i-e-loop recall.

btw the CS rep who talked to me said they're only sending the Bonsai tree to EARLY adaptors of the 2014 Mazda 6 - it will probably stop when they've sold all 666 of the first batch shipped to the US:)

Originally Posted By: 97tbird

Great - we're in Fayetteville; and I agree that Touring+Tech is a good combo.
And no, I haven't seen any in my area, either.

a few questions:
Where did you get the windows tinted, by the way?
what type/brand of tint did you go with? (link?)
We will be getting it done pretty soon, too.
and is 35% the lowest NC allows?

Thanks!

I went to a shop recommended to me by a local forum. Shop is called TVP ..website is tvpauto.com and the owner is Pete.
only thing about his shop is that you will feel like a buster with your new 6 when its sitting next to a couple teslas and a porsche while its being tinted..
smile.gif

They do an awesome job but it was pricier than my last car. (last time i went to formula one..decent job but they broke my rearview mirror)
He uses suntek carbon films..they are warrantied for life (most films are i believe). was quoted 240 for the suntek and 300 for carbon xp film which also blocks heat as well as visible light. I went with the xp..from looking around online i may have paid a little too much, although its comparable to a ceramic tint and they are usually around 300 or so.
you could easily get a good job done for 200 or maybe less
35% is the lowest legal allowed in NC.

Last edited:
I thought maybe folks would like to see the new Mazda6 interior compared to the previous generation interior. IMHO the new interior looks way more upscale.

DSC_0026.jpg

mazda6.jpg

DSC_0041-2.jpg

mazda5.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back