Quick Thoughts: 2023 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited

Subaru found very good business formula, they became Buick with good AWD. They are new favorite among Camry/Avalon owners that wear these
😷

IMG_1722.jpeg

Subaru found very good business formula, they became Buick with good AWD. They are new favorite among Camry/Avalon owners.
Spot on! I can't wait to replace my V6 Avalon with 268 HP, smooth ride, and rock solid reliability with a Subaru that's accelerates like molasses, is kind of noisy, and has a slush box trans. On the positive side, I'll look stylish with Birkenstock sandals while driving it, as long as the Subarus electrical gremlins don't kill my battery LOL

Spot on! I can't wait to replace my V6 Avalon with 268 HP, smooth ride, and rock solid reliability with a Subaru that's accelerates like molasses, is kind of noisy, and has a slush box trans. On the positive side, I'll look stylish with Birkenstock sandals while driving it, as long as the Subarus electrical gremlins don't kill my battery LOL
Well, I cannot remember when I saw Avalon. Outback on the other hand.... Even Camry here is becoming kind of a rare sight.

It is a forum, not dedicated to any brand. People can discuss whatever they want.
Never said you couldn’t, but it sounds like there’s some brand jealousy going on.Did you miss the laughing emoji for all the haters who just can’t quit Subaru?

I don’t bother talking to my friends about my exes like Garth Brooks or George Strait did. If it’s truly over, what possible value lies in always looking backwards?

Well, I cannot remember when I saw Avalon. Outback on the other hand.... Even Camry here is becoming kind of a rare sight.
I can believe it! I visit my brother in Boulder and sedans of any kind are a rare sight. Subaru just might be No. 1 brand there.

I will keep driving the Outback all winter then in April the penalty box goes away till next winter. It goes well in snow and is in decent shape but if it get totaled it is no great loss, just get another one.

I will keep driving the Outback all winter then in April the penalty box goes away till next winter. It goes well in snow and is in decent shape but if it get totaled it is no great loss, just get another one.
I think we’re on the same page, Trav, that yes, the older EJ25s can be problematic (like any older car) but there are fairly easy ways to determine the risk, unlike with some brands/models. When using risk vs reward to negotiate purchase price, it’s fairly easy to score nice finds. Plan on a couple wheel bearings, a CV axle or two, and plenty of quarter panel cancer on northern cars.

I helped my son’s SIL score an 01 Legacy back in 2017 with only 135k 1-owner miles with full service records since new, and a freshly done set of Six Star HGs for $3k. In the 5+ years and 80k since, it’s had an A/C compressor belt, replaced one frozen caliper and a set of pads, and a set of tires about 10k ago. That’s got to peg the bang-for-the-buck needle for just about everyone… and like you said, if something bad happens, you rinse and repeat.

A 1995 Subaru Legacy LS wagon was the only new car I ever bought. I just plain wish I hadn't abandoned my search for something else.

Regarding the Velcro strap shoes in post #41. Don't make fun of them.
As my Dad's motor capacity failed (advancing cancer) the Velcro Adidas shoes I found extended the time he could get dressed independently.
He destroyed one. I sought another pair.
They had dried up from the shoe stores completely. Puzzling. I guess most didn't like them. They seemed "a natural" to me.
This was way before the 'net.

You must be really old. No one under 70 drives an Avalon.

Never said you couldn’t, but it sounds like there’s some brand jealousy going on.Did you miss the laughing emoji for all the haters who just can’t quit Subaru?

I don’t bother talking to my friends about my exes like Garth Brooks or George Strait did. If it’s truly over, what possible value lies in always looking backwards?
Maybe they are bothered by them driving 20mph below speed limit in left lane? They took that throne from Camry, that is for sure.

I can believe it! I visit my brother in Boulder and sedans of any kind are a rare sight. Subaru just might be No. 1 brand there.
Colorado Springs has largest volume dealer in the North America. I mean, one can have an issue with it, but their business model is borning, super slow vehicle that is more practical than same concept from Toyota. And people love it.

Back