Anyone ever heard of SynLube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Hethaerto
The company claims their oils are for life.

I'm sick of changing fluids, I think I'll check this stuff out.

SynLube

It was an epic topic here.
36.gif
Lots of entertainment value.

Assuming (a stretch) there is a "lifetime" oil it would still become contaminated over time (at minimum combustion by-products)

The company claims their oils are for life.

I'm sick of changing fluids, I think I'll check this stuff out.

SynLube

AHHH! Another engincide case in the offing. Their site is interesting to read but it's just like the Amsoil 25K mile OCI guarantee, as it could well be attempted main block murder and you can never seem to make a warranty claim for damage to an older engine, regadless of all the advertising unless you get real lucky.

Originally Posted By: skyship
Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
I found a 55-gal drum of it on eBay for $600!

SynLube on eBay

Not the same stuff.

I've offered 6$ because I need a pallet.

Hey now, the drum is worth something, too!

Now this is the funny part because it's not a real lube for life:

SynLube™ Lube−4−Life® does not oxidize nor decompose like conventional Petroleum or Synthetic Motor Oils. It can be therefore used, without oil changes, for up to:
• 15 Years
• 150,000 Miles
• 3,000 Hours of Engine operation in Gasoline Engines
• 2,000 Hours of Engine operation in Diesel Engines

The real funny part is the, "FOR UP TO" in the second line!
I could use my new Castrol Edge TD for up to 150K miles, but I kind of think the oil filter might not be happy and the rattles that will start and all that smoke from worn rings might not be too popular with the neighbours or the Police.
The engineering theory is interesting because if the fuel dilution offsets the carbon build up it might not thicken up too much and they did not say don't change the oil filter. Once it gets too thick the engine won't start and you have to change the oil.
The high Moly and Zinc might just save a full seizure for a long time, probably beyond the point at which the sludge blocks the oil pump intake screen and the low oil pressure warning causes you to think again.
One real killer will be the build up of Silicon particles unless you live in the mountains and drive on clean roads. That Silicon is probably going to be the real wear factor that chews up the rings and bearings and turns the block into a rattler.
Anyone want to give it try?? Also I would like to see a VOA just out of interest.

Basically exposed as a scam and a sham here quite some time ago. Google Bitog search may yield some of the threads, some of which iirc resulted in perma banishment for some individuals connected to Synboob. Think there may even be a VOA here somewhere. Pretty much a laughing stock here.

Otoh, Synboob's propoganda page loaded with unproven claims regarding using 5w20 has been recently quoted as authoritative by one thickster cafe conspiracist. Perhaps even commenting on this thread. So maybe Synboob was ahead of it's time? Nah, chock it up to desparation. The great irony is with it's 5w20 misinformation page Synboob is now offering it's own SN 0w20 for sale at $30 a Liter.
lol.gif

SynLube™ Lube−4−Life® does not oxidize nor decompose like conventional Petroleum or Synthetic Motor Oils. It can be therefore used, without oil changes, for up to:
• 15 Years
• 150,000 Miles
[/i

I could use my new Castrol Edge TD for up to 150K miles, but I kind of think the oil filter might not be happy and the rattles that will start and all that smoke from worn rings might not be too popular with the neighbours or the Police.
The engineering theory is interesting because if the fuel dilution offsets the carbon build up it might not thicken up too much and they did not say don't change the oil filter. Once it gets too thick the engine won't start and you have to change the oil.
The high Moly and Zinc might just save a full seizure for a long time, probably beyond the point at which the sludge blocks the oil pump intake screen and the low oil pressure warning causes you to think again.
One real killer will be the build up of Silicon particles unless you live in the mountains and drive on clean roads. That Silicon is probably going to be the real wear factor that chews up the rings and bearings and turns the block into a rattler.
Anyone want to give it try?? Also I would like to see a VOA just out of interest.

LOL! So true. I could use any oil "for up to 150k" When my car blows at 30k how are they going to help me?
Stay away from anything that sounds too good to be true!!! Nice Website too BTW...lol

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: chubbs1

• 15 Years
• 150,000 Miles
[/i

LOL! So true. I could use any oil "for up to 150k" When my car blows at 30k how are they going to help me?
Stay away from anything that sounds too good to be true!!! Nice Website too BTW...lol

If your new engine goes bang your lawyer will point out that they are a company with debts and no assets that is not worth taking legal action against without you paying his fees up front.
You would have to be mad to use it in a new car and invalidate your own warranty, based on the chances of claiming on theirs. I was shocked to read the new car warranty part, as not even snake oil companies write that type rubbish.
A lot of the info on the web site is interesting but I think folks miss the fact it is just another oil, but is sold with one incredible and useless warranty.

Last edited:
The thin oil page is in fact well written in simple terms and fairly correct, but like many companies if you want to buy a 20 grade they will sell it. Liqui Moly make a very nice 5/20 in Germany that you can't find with their other oils in the shops and is not allowed for use by the Iffy lubes, as although it is approved for use in some hybrids and a few Fords those engine also have 5/30 listed. I presume it is exported to the US, although is available from Fleabay, which is often the cheapest place to buy engine oil in the EU.
Thin oil page link: 5/20 oil info.

Last edited:
Criticizing Synboob in one breath and supporting them in the next.
whistle.gif
5w20 page is laughable with unproven claims and dated propoganda. Synboob 0w20 SN anyone?

Quote:
Liqui Moly make a very nice 5/20 in Germany that you can't find with their other oils in the shops and is not allowed for use by the Iffy lubes,

Not allowed? By whom?
If 20w is spec for the hybrid anyone can use it including any lube center.
Link please to any info that it is not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back