Dear burglars, PICK ME! PICK ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never can tell. The guy who put up that sign might be a member of the social elite. He sends his kids to special private schools where there is armed security and he goes to work with armed guards.

Then he puts that sign up so he can continue to be an honored member of the leftwing. Goes around telling everybody that guns should be outlawed and he is totally against gun ownership. Everybody is very impressed with him and he gets a big promotion at work.

in my neighbor hood if a newspaper published the gun owners names you can bet the rats who are breaking in to steal your copper pipe would know where to not go. also for a dummy putting a sign up he has no gun..my neighbor saw 2 guys go in the house next to him that he knew they were there to steal something and he called the coppers and they got them coming out with some copper plumbing.2 weeks later when he was not home his house was broke in and they got his tv and a few bucks.. i have a wooden sign that shows me with a gun that says dont worry about the dog beware of the owner... it is approiate i keep 3 handguns under a table attached with velcro aand right next to my lazyboy .. all i have to do is reach under the table///

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
Originally Posted By: eljefino

Yeah I'd avoid gun nuts

What defines a gun nut?

Someone I'd be afraid of if I were a burglar!
wink.gif

I'd be afraid of someone with only a .22 rifle if he knew how to shoot it.

The pit bulls I have mentioned have stopped many. The guy who has them, has them set up inside almost all of the time making poison not possible shooting them would create action something you do not want with this situation. I just mention them as another way of keeping what you own. This guy is in a dangerous area selling things people want these days. He said he would rather have it this way. Just another slant on a problem that will really never go away.

Let me tell you how to have nearly perfect security regardless if you own guns or not. And this is not cheap.

I know a guy who put special windows on his house. I think he got those windows from Sears or else Lowes. You can pound on those windows with a sledgehammer and they will not break easily. He also has very good doors with excellent locks and good storm doors.

It would be hard to break into this house. A criminal would probably have to drive a pickup truck through a wall to get into his house easily.

The bad news? Those windows cost about $1000.00 apiece-regardless of size.

If I had enough money I would have windows like that.

If you think that is outlandish check out what is going on in NY.

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2013/01/14/home-the-journal-news-gun-map/

"A home in New York's Westchester County (pictured above) that was identified in The Journal News' infamous interactive map outlining gun permit holders last month was burglarized on Saturday, local TV station WDEF reported. The thieves' target? The homeowner's gun safe, officials said."

The new NY law also makes any shotgun with a pistol grip illegal as it is now defined as an "assault weapon" even if the same exact shotgun can be purchased without a grip (for example, the Remington 870).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GMFan
If you think that is outlandish check out what is going on in NY.

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2013/01/14/home-the-journal-news-gun-map/

"A home in New York's Westchester County (pictured above) that was identified in The Journal News' infamous interactive map outlining gun permit holders last month was burglarized on Saturday, local TV station WDEF reported. The thieves' target? The homeowner's gun safe, officials said."

The new NY law also makes any shotgun with a pistol grip illegal as it is now defined as an "assault weapon" even if the same exact shotgun can be purchased without a grip (for example, the Remington 870).

PERFECT example of the anti's actions putting MORE illegal weapons into society.

No such thing as an assault weapon except to the antis. They need a object to froth over. If you can make one up why not? Your example above is a perfect one.

So after the pistol grip version is banned and crime does not go down it looks like ALL versions need to go (which of course is their objective from the get go)

Can't stop stupid...

I live in town maybe four miles from one end of town to the other - maybe. My neighbors house was broken into, alarm was going off, front door was open, police were called, and it took them over 20 minutes to show up. The theives know what the response time in your community is. We have cameras, a large dog that will bark and sound mean but not much else, and I am looking into an alarm. We do have alarm stickers on the windows since a friend works at ADT. And someone is home most of the time.

But with Kalifornia releasing "non-violent" offenders from their overcrowded prisons, and burglars knowing that most homes here are not armed, and those that have guns they are normally locked up, and police response times are poor at best due to staffing issues, burglars and gang bangers in this area are become emboldened and more brazen.

I guess they can't stop me from carrying in my own house can they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back