How many of you use Rain-X or Aquapel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just put some Rain-X on my car because I was too impatient to get some aquapel online, and I have a lot of spare time I can take up with re-applying when I need to.

Wondering what experiences are with either, since they both do the same thing for a time.

Yeah I saw the shower thing on the website, and I'm easily impressed. Next time I get bored I'll apply some to my shower glass.

Rain-X works great on my rear hatch window with wiper, but I have mixed emotions about windshiels applications, e.g. works fine at repelling rain prior to turning the wipers on, then seems to smear with the wipers operating.

Aquapel lasts way longer than rainx. I do not have blade chatter when I use aquapel compared to rainx.

I use spray detailer/waxes on my windshield with Xcellent results, no smearing and wipers wipe smooth.

I haven't had the opportunity to try Aquapel yet, but I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. I've used Rain-X for a lot of years and have been quite happy with it.

Other posters mention issues with windshield wipers. I don't have that problem, because I'm obsessive with changing wiper blades whenever I notice performance degrading anyhow.

I'm actually looking at giving Rejex a shot on the windshield one of these times, when I can get some of that in.

Yep, use it on all windows, on all 4 cars. 3x a year in Minnesota: Early spring, summer & late fall.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Yep, use it on all windows, on all 4 cars. 3x a year in Minnesota: Early spring, summer & late fall.

Why not winter? Doesn't ice get stuck to your windows, mirrors, and windshield a lot? Rain-X is supposed to help that.

Originally Posted By: mikered30
Aquapel lasts way longer than rainx. I do not have blade chatter when I use aquapel compared to rainx.

It does, but it doesn't repell water nearly as good as Rain-X does...

Originally Posted By: 1trilliondollars
Originally Posted By: tpitcher

Why not winter? Doesn't ice get stuck to your windows, mirrors, and windshield a lot? Rain-X is supposed to help that.

It says do not apply below 40 degrees F. We go a couple months at a time and do not get above 10F. That's why.

Originally Posted By: ANGELRAMOS
Aquapel is in its own league compared to Rain-X. Aquapel all the way!

I didn't care for Aquapel at all...it didn't seem like anything was even on the windshield. Rain-X does an excellent job of making the rain blow right off the windshield without using wipers at highway speeds, whereas with the Aquapel, I still had to use the wipers...

Last edited:
I use Rain-X on the windshield about once/month and often each time I wash the car(s). I can usually find R-X at Ollies at very, very good/low prices so, I buy the shelf.

I also keep the wiper blades clean and by using silicon spray, as recomended by a fellow BITOG member, which keeps the wipers plyable.

This has helped me see throught the rain during night time driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back