94 Honda Accord Original FRONT DOOR speaker size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've shopped around for some basic front speakers for this 94 Accord Sedan I have and noticed that they indicate TWO possible sizes. 5" 1/4 and and 6" 1/2.

Which is the OEM stock size. I'm guessing that it is 5 1/4. I'm not interested in anything special just a decent basic OEM replacement. My original front speakers have the foam surrounds failing so the speakers are buzzing.

I was just at their site and it gives TWO possible sizes. I don't want to pull the door card off until I know which is the OEM size. I know that this model uses a plastic factory holder so I'd rather go with the OEM size for the least amount of work needed to fit them.

Remember the depth of the speaker my also be critical, in order to clear the window mechanism etc.

If Crutchfield lists two sizes, then either will work. IOW, the larger one will fit as is, but if you order the smaller one, they'll include an adapter/spacer to make it fit.

The ones with the 5 1/4 have and adapter in the door to fit them in the 6 1/2 hole size in the door. Most EX had the 5 1/4 and the lx and dx had the 6 1/2

Originally Posted By: RH+G
The ones with the 5 1/4 have and adapter in the door to fit them in the 6 1/2 hole size in the door. Most EX had the 5 1/4 and the lx and dx had the 6 1/2

Bingo, I would take out the adapter if that is the case and install some nice 6 1/2s. Crutchfield has EXCELLENT customer service and has a lot of freebies like connectors so you dont have to splice wires and a full instruction manual on how to install them yourself. Very helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back