leaky subaru

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this 85 subaru with leaks in rear main, front main, both valve covers, and more. Would auto rx be worth the try. How about one treatment. I do not want to put much cash in it. Has anyone seen auto rx work on severe leaks like this.

Change the valve cover gaskets (they harden and crack) and do an Arx clean using a good dino oil. I'm well into 3rd clean on one of my vehicles, it's never run better.

s

If the motor has blowby it will cause all kinds of leaks. So will a overfilled crankcase I would try replacing or tightening the valve covers and checking to see if the PCV valve is clean and operating first.
If you do not want to put much into the car and those checks do not fix it Berrymans has a stop leak they sell. I have never used it but have not seen a Berrymans product that did not work as of yet.

The first thing I did was change the pvc valve. That helped some. THere is no longer oil in my air filter area. I have not seen the berryman's stuff. I have a buddy who used to work at oilcan henry's. He has seen gold touch by golden eagle stop leak work in more then one case. I might give that a try. I figure auto rx will cost 50 bucks. I could get my valve covers( there is two of them on the sides of the engine leaking on exhaust) don for 75. I would rather use the auto rx on my 88 legend because I will have that car for a long time for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back