PO420/430 & MMO, TCW3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, never had that happen to me and I have used MMO and TCW3 in quite a few vehicles.

I ODed on TCW3, 3 or 4 ounces to 10 gallons, and the idle was rough after. It didn't help that I poured that on top of a full tank, not before filling.
grin2.gif

In all fairness, it probably did not help the situation that I have 49 state catcons (albeit only ~7 months old), on a CARB parameter settings ECM.
So I am more likely than not borderline as far as the washcoat differences go.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
In all fairness, it probably did not help the situation that I have 49 state catcons (albeit only ~7 months old), on a CARB parameter settings ECM.
frown.gif

Hey DD,

What kind of product were you using?

Thanks, Jim

Back when the cats in my Crown Vic were starting to drop below the efficiency threshold, adding Super Tech TC-W3 actually made the P0420 code go away.

Originally Posted By: AstroTurf
frown.gif

Hey DD,

Thanks, Jim

1 ounce of Red Line Watercraft TCW3 mixed with 1 ounce of MMO, (sometimes with 2 ounces of Red Line SI-2 added at the same time, could this cause a negative reaction in the catcons/O2s, all mixed together??) to a full tank, ~16.8 gallons of either; Sunoco, Shell, or BP 93.

frown.gif

Hey DD,

Thanks, Jim

1 ounce of Red Line Watercraft TCW3 mixed with 1 ounce of MMO, (sometimes with 2 ounces of Red Line SI-2 added at the same time, could this cause a negative reaction in the catcons/O2s, all mixed together??) to a full tank, ~16.8 gallons of either; Sunoco, Shell, or BP 93.

I don't think so.

I run 2 oz of Amsoil TCW3 per 5 gallons of fuel.

Good Luck and Please keep us posted as to what you find.

Jim

No codes with tcw3 here either and I have been using it for over a year. I use the standard 1 oz tcw3 per 5 gallons of gas. BTW I just got my state emissions test done and my smog rating has gone down quite a bit since my last test when I was not using tcw3. I know there are alot of differentt factors in emissions tests but I just thought I would share. To me anyways, all indications point upward for the benefits of adding tcw3 to your fuel, so long as it is propertly dosed.

I run 2 oz of Amsoil TCW3 per 5 gallons of fuel.

I am sorry, This should have read 1 oz per 5 gallons.

Again, I am sorry.

Jim

I am glad you corrected it because I thought that was way too high concentration. Personally I like to stay with 1 oz per 5G or 1 oz per 7.5G.

Thanks Vikas...

But, I have a question for TCW3 users.

How do you arrive at an accurate amount to use? Provided you add it before the fuel, not knowing what the gallons used to fill your tank will be?

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back