Just Bought Continentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up the Fusion this evening and had my old Conties replaced with new ones.(Contprocontacts) This is the same tire that came on the Fusion. The last ones went 80K and the ride and tire noise were excellant so decided to go with another set. These tires are pricy but do give good service.

80K miles on ContiProContacts? Wow! We have them on our C300. They have about 15K miles on them now, and it looks like the rears will need replacing in another 5K miles or so.

I have never gotten 80K miles on any tire..I will definitley consider Continentials next time around..My last set of Michelin tires were shot [big time] at 40K miles.

Is tire life the only characteristic that is important? What about traction or handling?

Frankly, I don't want my tires to last 80K miles cause that probably means they're not very grippy and boring as heck.
smile.gif

My Nissan has a set of 215/60R16 94T Continental ContiProContact tires which are the stock tires that came on the vehicle when I purchased it new. I have 41,500 miles on them, they're wearing great, and I've found their traction (in all seasons), road noise, and overall ride to be great. It's hard to predict how many miles they'll go, but I imagine it'll be around 60,000.

Most of the guys in the Nissan forum hate these tires, but they'll be on my short list when it comes time to replace them. The other on the short list is the Michelin Primacy MXV4 which is what I put on our Saturn about a year ago.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
I have never gotten 80K miles on any tire..I will definitley consider Continentials next time around..My last set of Michelin tires were shot [big time] at 40K miles.

Same here, but I might get 50k out of my Dueler A/Ts. I think the heat must kill them down here.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Is tire life the only characteristic that is important? What about traction or handling?

If you would notice I said these tires are quite and still had an excellant ride to them. Great qualities in a tire with 80K.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE

I had a 91 Ranger, that later on I gave to my son and he drove it till it had 354K, but the original tires were Firestones and I got 102K on those tires.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Frankly, I don't want my tires to last 80K miles cause that probably means they're not very grippy and boring as heck.
smile.gif

You buy tires because you are bored with them? Also I still had several thou left in the tires but we are going to Florida in two weeks so decided to change them out.

Tig, When you spread the difference in price between the contis and the cheaper alternative that you would have bought instead over 80K, the difference is absolutely trivial. Very few things affect the enjoyment that you will get from the car more than a good set of tires. Life is just too freaking short to be driving around on cheap tires or with out of true brakes.

I agree. Though the Firestones that came on my cruze ride smooth and are quiet, I can't wait to be able to put something more grippy and reliable handling wise on it.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
smile.gif

You buy tires because you are bored with them?

I buy tires that have decent grip and handling. Treadlife is secondary. Truth be told, by about 20-30K miles, I'm itching to try new tires. If the tires were just barely worn by 20-30K, i'd feel bad about dumping them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back