Wendy's hamburgers are now nasty tasting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ate at wendy's last week and their junior bacon hamburger didn't taste the same. I thought I got a bad burger..but I found the website below. it's confirmed, wendy's has changed their hamburgers. this might be more disastrous than when coke went to New coke. it wasn't good at all.
37.gif

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44578229/ns/business-retail/#.TnfNquzp7BR

I sure hope they don't change the recipe for the frostys.

As far as the hamburgers go, in my opinion, they all taste the same ... greasy.

Thanks for the heads-up. I typically stay away from fast food, but once in a while I give in. A few Wendy's restaurants popped up near me lately and I was thinking of making a run for it. I remember their burgers used to be decent years back.

I'll stick to Portillo's, I guess, for my unhealthy dose of artery clogger.

Last edited:
The last time I got a Wendy's burger that didn't taste right I couldn't get out of bed except to throw up for a week and a half.

Lesson learned.

I never like Wendy's hamburgers, or any of their food for that matter. I always though they boiled their hamburgers in water just so they would appear juicy. Their fries taste like cardboard.

That sucks; I've always thought Wendys had the best basic fast food burger. Their dollar menu burgers sure have gotten smaller! 5 years ago a Jr. bacon cheeseburger was roughly the same size as a regular burger. Now they're like miniature sliders.

I generally like fast food, and I really liked Wendy's up until about fifteen years ago. I've tried them a couple of times since and I have no desire to eat there again. Something must have changed even before this.

I like to buy 2 small Chili and then drive home and pour it on top of a plate of crispy lettuce with shredded mild cheddar cheese.

Mmmmmm delicious and very low cost lunch or dinner.
20.gif

Seems to depend on the individual Wendy's for me, the one near my house is amazing. The one near my school is terrible.

I think Wendy's went down hill right after Dave passed away.
I don't think there was a problem with the original burgers at all. I DO think the quality of the ingredients themselves changed from 25 years ago. Same with the fries they were always very good .

Instead of reinventing the perfect wheel. (Wendy's hamburgers were very good years ago, they should have made sure the quality of what was being used was kept up.

This nonsense that management is slinging is clearly nothing more than marketing.

I really wish Dave's family could regain control over the business. That would likely make things better.

Last edited:
From what I gathered from the linked story was:

1) They changed only the "Dave's Hot & Juicy", not the Jr Bacon.
2) The new burger was available for sale starting today.

Me thinks you got a bad burger last week.
sick.gif

So let me get this straight. Something that started out as garbage food has been made even worse? Is that even possible? Do people really eat that slop?

I'm amazed that anyone would actually stuff their faces with the poo that fast food joints try to pass off as food.

Here's exactly what Wendys did - They made the burgers thicker, and therefore not as big diameter wise - smaller bun, smaller cheese slice, and less toppings. It may seem miniscule, but add up the cost savings over time and it's big.

Foods costs are sky high and companies are desperate to find savings. At most restaurants I've been to over the last year, if the prices haven't gone up that much, the food portions are smaller and the quality has gone downhill.

I made a post about Red Lobster a few months back - it was literally the worst restaurant meal I've had in probably a decade.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
So let me get this straight. Something that started out as garbage food has been made even worse? Is that even possible? Do people really eat that slop?

I'm amazed that anyone would actually stuff their faces with the poo that fast food joints try to pass off as food.

Seriously, I'm gonna start flagging your posts where you intentionally hijack food threads and spew your "I'm holier than thou because I eat like god" garbage. It's so predictable and it's getting very old.

Instead, why don't you start your own thread where you and everyone who agrees with you can stroke your food egos about how well you eat and how stupid people are for ever entering a fast food establishment.

Last edited:
Off topic: if you have In and out around your area they have burger that is at least decent, as in, you get lettuce and tomato with a slice of beef that doesn't suck too bad for $1.80 or around that number (at least around here). Not a dollar burger, but it is worth more than 2 of the $1 burger you get from McD, BK, etc.

In and out use a grill or frying pan, not microwave like McD and BK does.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Seriously, I'm gonna start flagging your posts where you intentionally hijack food threads and spew your "I'm holier than thou because I eat like god" garbage. It's so predictable and it's getting very old.

Instead, why don't you start your own thread where you and everyone who agrees with you can stroke your food egos about how well you eat and how stupid people are for ever entering a fast food establishment.

thanks Drew! I've felt this way about pop rivit's posts for some time now!

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Here's exactly what Wendys did - They made the burgers thicker, and therefore not as big diameter wise - smaller bun, smaller cheese slice, and less toppings. It may seem miniscule, but add up the cost savings over time and it's big.

Exactly, more diversion they think they are clever but obviously plenty of people are noticing.

Quote:

Foods costs are sky high and companies are desperate to find savings. At most restaurants I've been to over the last year, if the prices haven't gone up that much, the food portions are smaller and the quality has gone downhill.

I made a post about Red Lobster a few months back - it was literally the worst restaurant meal I've had in probably a decade.

I agree during the past couple of years the quality of the average dine out meal I have had is about as bad as I ever remember in my 47 years of living.

Unless I am away and cannot do otherwise I NEVER eat out anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back