Wendy's hamburgers are now nasty tasting

Status
Not open for further replies.
The size of the small burger has increased from 1.8 ounces to roughly 2.25 ounces (uncooked weight), that's why they appear different. If the restaurant is not cleaning their grill correctly the meat might not get done fully. I'd tell you how I know all this, but then I might get in trouble!

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
So let me get this straight. Something that started out as garbage food has been made even worse? Is that even possible? Do people really eat that slop?

I'm amazed that anyone would actually stuff their faces with the poo that fast food joints try to pass off as food.

Seriously, I'm gonna start flagging your posts where you intentionally hijack food threads and spew your "I'm holier than thou because I eat like god" garbage. It's so predictable and it's getting very old.

Instead, why don't you start your own thread where you and everyone who agrees with you can stroke your food egos about how well you eat and how stupid people are for ever entering a fast food establishment.

Quoted for awesomeness!!!!!

I've never liked Wendy's burgers at all, too bland tasting in my opinion. I absolutely love their Frosty though, and today I discovered I love their chili! I don't know if they still sell them individually, but their packaged breadsticks are pretty awesome too!

When I was a little kid, I used to love Hardee's.

We moved back to Texas and didn't have Hardee's. I carried around this childhood memory of eating at Hardee's and how much I loved it. About 15 years ago I found a Hardee's on a road trip. I hated it. I honestly hated it. It was horrible. Tried a different Hardee's on the way back and may have actually hated it more.

Wendy's seems to have suffered the same fate. It's just not as good as I remember it being.

But to contrast that, I also loved Krystal as a little kid. I would go to watch the Savannah Braves at Grayson Stadium and skip the hot dogs to get some Krystal burgers after the game. Krystal finally moved here a few years ago. It was like being a kid after a ball game all over again. It was everything I remembered on those summers a long time ago.

I guess some things change for the worse. Some things don't.
21.gif
Maybe Krystal is so bad that they can't possibly make it worse.

I'm not such a health nut that I would deny myself the simple pleasure of a really good burger once in awhile. But with In-N-Out, Whataburger, Smashburger, and a lot of really great independants, I choose not to go to McWendyKing's.

Originally Posted By: Stanley Rockafeller
So let me get this straight. Something that started out as garbage food has been made even worse? Is that even possible? Do people really eat that slop?

I'm amazed that anyone would actually stuff their faces with the poo that fast food joints try to pass off as food.

Seriously, I'm gonna start flagging your posts where you intentionally hijack food threads and spew your "I'm holier than thou because I eat like god" garbage. It's so predictable and it's getting very old.

Instead, why don't you start your own thread where you and everyone who agrees with you can stroke your food egos about how well you eat and how stupid people are for ever entering a fast food establishment.

Quoted for awesomeness!!!!!

Add me to the list of those who got tired of Pop Rivet's self rightousness long ago. I knew that was his post even before I saw his name on it.

Here's what got me at Wendy's:

Their small frosty, a 10oz serving, costs $.99.
Their medium frosty, a 12 oz serving, costs $1.49.

The cost of the medium serving is 50% higher for 20% more product. Even a idiot sees this disparity of pricing.

Their fries are among the worst in the industry even after making their silly 'sea salt' change.

Wendy's simply priced themselves off the market where I'm concerned. I still have a eating-out budget but I just don't spend it at Wendy's.

Originally Posted By: FowVay

Wendy's simply priced themselves off the market where I'm concerned. I still have a eating-out budget but I just don't spend it at Wendy's.

exactly. fast food is really not that great of a deal; you could wind up paying $7-8 or more and wondering, was it worth it?
haven't really been to wendy's in a while. I think the last time was when they were emailing coupons for the 'new' french fries. for fast food lately I only go to arby's, and if I have a coupon.

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
When I was a little kid, I used to love Hardee's.

We moved back to Texas and didn't have Hardee's. I carried around this childhood memory of eating at Hardee's and how much I loved it. About 15 years ago I found a Hardee's on a road trip. I hated it. I honestly hated it. It was horrible. Tried a different Hardee's on the way back and may have actually hated it more.

Wendy's seems to have suffered the same fate. It's just not as good as I remember it being.

But to contrast that, I also loved Krystal as a little kid. I would go to watch the Savannah Braves at Grayson Stadium and skip the hot dogs to get some Krystal burgers after the game. Krystal finally moved here a few years ago. It was like being a kid after a ball game all over again. It was everything I remembered on those summers a long time ago.

I guess some things change for the worse. Some things don't.
21.gif
Maybe Krystal is so bad that they can't possibly make it worse.

I'm not such a health nut that I would deny myself the simple pleasure of a really good burger once in awhile. But with In-N-Out, Whataburger, Smashburger, and a lot of really great independants, I choose not to go to McWendyKing's.

I remember when I was back in the East Coast in mid 90s, Hardee's were selling fried chicken. When I visit a couple years ago, they are just the same as Carl's Jr selling "to the heck with it I want the greasiest meat" burger.

Same name, but very different franchise now.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
The way the economy is going, lots of people are eating from the $1 menu.

The way the economy is going, lots of dollar menus are now $2 menus.

Here's exactly what Wendys did - They made the burgers thicker, and therefore not as big diameter wise - smaller bun, smaller cheese slice, and less toppings. It may seem miniscule, but add up the cost savings over time and it's big.

Foods costs are sky high and companies are desperate to find savings. At most restaurants I've been to over the last year, if the prices haven't gone up that much, the food portions are smaller and the quality has gone downhill.

They probably did the same to the Jr bacon burger. the value burgers are taking a hit! remember when McD's took away the $1 double cheeseburger and started selling that nasty mcdouble.

While I agree that most fast foods are not of great quality or nutrtional value, they can be fast, cheap, and convenient. Sometimes its all we may have time or funds for. Unless it is your primary diet, I don't believe occasional consumption would cause anyone a problem. Lighten up !

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Hasn't anyone here been to Five Guys?

Great quality burgers served up old fashioned style.

We went there for dinner last night. I do like a little more variety than what they offer. They do make a fine burger, though. One thing about that place is they don't skimp on the fries. You get a ton of them. They're not the best, though I do like the seasoned salt they have.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Hasn't anyone here been to Five Guys?

Great quality burgers served up old fashioned style.

We went there for dinner last night. I do like a little more variety than what they offer. They do make a fine burger, though. One thing about that place is they don't skimp on the fries. You get a ton of them. They're not the best, though I do like the seasoned salt they have.

The burgers were good... Much better than McWendyKings. Marginally better than Whataburger (when it's good...when Whataburger is bad, yeccchhh) I liked the fries.

I like the service at Steak and Shake, but the burgers are only fair.

Red Robin has fantastic service, but if I'm being honest, the burgers taste like something from Denny's. Denny's requires a serious alcohol correction factor.
10.gif

I haven't been to a Wendy's in a long, long time. In the early '90's they seemed to be a bit higher in quality and cleanliness than their competitors but that seemed to go downhill later in the decade.

I went to Smashburger a couple months ago and the quality seemd pretty good. It was pretty expensive, though. Pricey enough that I could go to a good deli and get myself a great sandwich for the same price. That's a no brainer to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back