Which Synthetic for a 2011 Hyundai Sonata?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Finklejag
This engine is direct injection. So will have to fight intake valve deposits throughout the life of this engine. You should look for a low volatility oil.

+1. This will be the most common future problem with this type of engine.

It seems a low volatility oil (low NOACK %) is the solution (for now).

Look at the datasheets and look at this data specifically.
If you can, choose a 0W20 over a 5W20, it will be better for your engine, and should also improve your fuel mileage.

Originally Posted By: Pesca
Originally Posted By: Finklejag
This engine is direct injection. So will have to fight intake valve deposits throughout the life of this engine. You should look for a low volatility oil.

+1. This will be the most common future problem with this type of engine.

It seems a low volatility oil (low NOACK %) is the solution (for now).

Look at the datasheets and look at this data specifically.
If you can, choose a 0W20 over a 5W20, it will be better for your engine, and should also improve your fuel mileage.

Where do you find the data sheets? I will be changing it on Thursday and need to pick an oil that will work as good as possible.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Or Mobil 1 0w-20 since you're in northern WI. It's commonly on sale for $30/5 quarts+filter. It'll help in those -10*F winter starts.

+1......M1 0w20 would fit the bill in your climate.

Filter with a PureOne or Classic....with 7000 +/- OCI's

Bringing back an old thread, but the 2011 Sonata comes from the Factory with Quaker State Fully Synthetic just for your info.. That is what I am going to keep in mine and can be had at Wallyworld for a decent price.

Jeff

Does the manufacture recommend syn oil? There isn't really any advantage to syn when doing shorter oil change intervals.

I dont believe they reccomend the SYN oil for it but if you do a 0w20 you will have to use a syn oil...I love my 09 Sonata and so far its taken care of me. I knew someone who hasd alot of issues with theirs and traded it in for a Subaru which in my opinion is not as nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back