BMW Express Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
While at the local BMW dealer getting parts, I elected to get a laugh by going through their overpriced accessory dept. After looking at the shirts, caps, key fobs etc., I checked out their car detailing products.

In the middle of all this nonsense was the BMW express wax. Well, the product description sounded pretty good, so $10 later I was off to try this out.

Keep in mind that this is not for my 330ci as he is unbelievably easy to wax, but rather for my 2 4X4 Ford F150s, that are NOT easy to wax.

Basically, after washing and rinsing the car, you lightly mist the freshly rinsed car with the product and then rinse again and then shammy the car dry.

Well, I was amazed at how easy the chamois glides over the paint. The car drys without streaking and a plus is that the plastic parts come off looking pretty good as well. Even the rubber has a slight touch of the stuff, looking nice too.

Now, these two monsters get clayed and waxed twice a year using Collinte products, so they do have an excellent wax coat on them, but I like to give my vehicles a little "something extra" after a wash job. To read BMW's spiel on the product, you'd think you have just put a hard core wax on your paint but I doubt that. Just seems like a nice finish product for when your drying the car.

Generally speaking, I'm not crazy about wax as you dry products, but for some ungodly reason I like this stuff because the end result is so nice.

I am an staunch Collinite fan; now,have I lost my mind?

Comments?

I've been told that the wax as you dry products are good as "boosters" between a proper wax/sealant job.

Also, the Collinite products from my experiences, last about 3 months tops. Then again, everyone seems to have a different standard for determining whether their wax/sealant has expired.

Interesting...wonder who makes it for BMW...

i've heard VERY good things about the BMW interior detailer stuff, too...i might try it out as soon as my Einszett stuff is gone...

Reminds me of Eagle One Wax as you dry. While it probably makes for a nice shine, I doubt it's going to last for too long. But in between waxing, it's probably great etc.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Interesting...wonder who makes it for BMW...

i've heard VERY good things about the BMW interior detailer stuff, too...i might try it out as soon as my Einszett stuff is gone...

Probably rebadged Einszett!

so can this be used on a slightly dirty car AFTER using some quick detailer to get the dust/light grime off?

I need something quick and easy for in between real wash/detail sessions, which i only want to do about 2x / year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back