Anyone used G-oil two stroke yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hate2work
Originally Posted By: FNFAL308
I was "finally" able to get one of our commercial guy's to put the guards BACK on his equip after a number of associated failures.. Brought him back to my work area, locked a trimmer down in my stand and fired it up.. Running the unit @ WOT with the string at the length it was when he came in I hit it with my DIGI Tach. Once the eng speed was established I started cutting the line about a 1/2" at a time taking more Tach and TEMP readings with my Laser Temp gun.
It was like a LIGHT came on in his head and he seems to have finally grasped what I had tried to tell him before..

I make the same point by having them swing a rope above their head, making it longer and longer. I tell them "pretend your arm is the engine, see how much harder it has to work when the rope(line) is long"? Seems to work, even if they don't replace the guard, at least they're careful about the length of the line from then on.

Ha! Good on you, I like that idea.. Takes out the technical stuff but shows them what their doing in real easy to understand excersize...

The reason the recoil is only mounted in the front it that those engines only have one crank bearing. The other side of the crank at the rear is counter weighted, and floats. Those unit are emissions compliant for only 50hrs, and at best might last for 75 hrs at wot. total junk unless you trim for 5min ever other week 4 months out of the year. Lets see 5min 8 times a year is 40min a year divided into the emissions period of 50 hrs comes to sixty six and a half years. Yall call us in 2077 to give us an update on what oil your using and stuff. Those things are junk. Comparatively speaking.

Like most have already said, when it comes down to it the cheapies will last for light use, but for commercial or heavy home owner use they wouldn't even make it a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back