Max life full syn - anyone use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a few jugs of maxlife full syn sm at walmart for $15/5qts. I was planning on just running pyb after this run of PU but the PU is a little noisy and have heard maxlife is good at reducing chatter. Since the full syn maxlife is only $.50 more per jug im thinking about using that instead. Has anyone used the full syn maxlife? How big of a difference is there from the regular blend to the full syn?

Last edited:
At that price, grab it all.

No Maxlife fullsyn available around here anymore.

I've used it before and have no complaints.

There is not much difference between the regular blend and the full synthetic Maxlife of the same grade at operating temperature, the main difference is longer OCI and at extreme temperatures with full synthetic.

I personally have never seen maxlife full syn at any of the 4 walmarts I've been to around here. Make sure you get them all!

I just scored 2 jugs of 5w30 on the bargain shelf, also, and changed the oil in my Tahoe (180K). It is a bit quieter and the oil pressure is a tad higher.

I normally run PYB or PP and have no qualms using Maxlife Full Syn if I can get it.

Using AC filter.

Just saw more of it at my local walmart after i already stocked up, AND at my local Meijer they have a HUGE new display that advertises the Maxlife full syn as 5.1 qt jugs

I actually looked everywhere for it yesterday and could not find it. Not at...

WalMart (3)
PepBoys(1)
Autozone(3)
Advance Auto Parts(2)
Napa(1)
Robbins(2 - local chain )
Sanels(1 - local chain )

I ended up with the MaxLife blend.

I have yet to find a jug of the Syn. Im really interested in getting the 5qt of Maxlife NextGen. My nearby walmarts only seem to carry the 1qts of it for now but they do carry the conventional in a 5. Not happy, dying to use Maxlife in my Civic. Uses too much oil for my taste. Wasting PU on that thing...
33.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: yaris0128
I have yet to find a jug of the Syn. Im really interested in getting the 5qt of Maxlife NextGen. My nearby walmarts only seem to carry the 1qts of it for now but they do carry the conventional in a 5. Not happy, dying to use Maxlife in my Civic. Uses too much oil for my taste. Wasting PU on that thing...
33.gif

I saw a ton of the recycled Maxlife stuff( NextGen )at the local WalMarts while looking for the full syn Maxlife. Qt bottles and jugs. I looked at it basically just out of curiosity and found the recycled stuff was more $$$ than the regular Maxlife blend. That ended any minute amount of curiosity I had.

My walmart carries it for $1.50 less than regular Conventional. Thats not too bad, motivate some people to buy it. $13.50 is definately a good price compared to PYB or GTX but Mobil and QS are still better values.

I'd use it if I could bloody well find it--which I cannot. At $15 for 5 quarts, it's a no-brainer. If I found such a deal, I'd buy at least 5 jugs.

Originally Posted By: glum
I'd use it if I could bloody well find it--which I cannot. At $15 for 5 quarts, it's a no-brainer. If I found such a deal, I'd buy at least 5 jugs.

Only 5? Im sure if you found it youd stuff a cart.

I tried finding a VOA for this oil but i didn't have very much luck with the search function. Does anyone know if this contains a lot of Na? Since it is SM i would think it wouldn't have very much but i dont know for sure.

I just got some Maxlife full syn as 5.1 qt jugs
its the new API SN 25$$ at meijers going to use it next oil change

Originally Posted By: callbay
Our Wal-MArt does not have it. Anywhere else to buy it?

It is one elusive oil, that is for sure.

I am of the opinion it "does not sell well." This is because last year, at a Walmart in the mid part of the united states, i saw it on CLEARANCE for.. get this.. $4 a quart.

I have not seen it in a Walmart since, however SOME Walmarts have it. Lucky [censored].

Like i said.. i believe it "Doesnt sell" and that is why it, and PU, arent at a lot of Walmarts
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ckmarsh
I just got some Maxlife full syn as 5.1 qt jugs
its the new API SN 25$$ at meijers going to use it next oil change

Exactly the same as me, and your in Ohio. Must be in our region that is getting stocked up on maxlife syn, because its everywhere for me now

i picked up a few jugs myself, but they were $19 a jug. I emailed them because of the ACEA A1 spec listed on the bottle. They responded by saying it has an Ht/HS of 3.5 and actually carries the A3 spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back