Battery replacement on CR-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided 4.5 years on the factory battery was enough. I got a replacement at Costco today and it only took about 15 minutes to complete the replacement. $56 for the new one with 500 CCA vs. the old stock unit with 415 CCA or so. It turns over a lot more than the old one. Glad I did it before it got really cold.
With the warranty it has (3-year full, 100 mos. pro-rated) plus the low cost, I feel really good about the situation.

The problem with buying battery from Costco and Sam Clubs is you must be a member when the time to claim warranty. For few dollars more you can get a good battery from Walmart and don't worry about membership fees.

The size 51's in the Hondas the last few years are really terrible with a pretty high failure rate. I'm in about the same boat you are. Mine was 400 cca, the Sames 51r is 495cca, a 20% improvement for 50 bucks.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
What is considered a good battery from wal-mart i know sears die hards are not as good as they used to be...

How so?

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
The problem with buying battery from Costco and Sam Clubs is you must be a member when the time to claim warranty. For few dollars more you can get a good battery from Walmart and don't worry about membership fees.

I'll be a member when the time comes again. A house and two kids and not being rich means buying in bulk and saving money at the warehouse clubs is a necessity!

This is a Johnson Controls battery, which makes Wal-Mart batteries as well, just under a different brand name (as far as my research tells me).

Absolutely correct. Consumer Reports frequently ranks Kirkland (Costco) among the best. Again, good price and warranty. Even if you are not a member, at that price, you will have gotten your money out of it when it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back