Kitchen counter valve body rebuild

Not really a rebuild but more of a cleaning as I already had the valve body out to replace the TCM which is mounted above it on this Mercedes S550. All the internal valves moved smoothly with no signs of excess wear. This is where it's located after dropping the pan:

IMG_8733.JPG

this is the other side with the TCM and the solenoids, looks like something from the space station:

IMG_8791.JPG

It's made up of two halves with separator plate in the middle. There must be nearly 30 bolts holding them together. One half has just a few valves,

IMG_8672.JPG

and the other a lot more, plus there are over a dozen check balls and springs not shown:

IMG_8692.JPG

Got a replacement TCM but it was throwing a code so they sent me a second one. Got it reassembled and back in the car today. Will add fluid tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed it turns out ok.

I don’t have anything to add but I love this thread. Valve bodies are just fun to look at, but IMO less fun to work on. S550s are wonderful, though.

I may have a pic of the last valve body I had apart on this device…

7D0CAA79-5F72-4170-A97E-2EA758763227.jpeg

And I Do! This was 2015 and honestly I don’t want to rebuild an AT ever again… ;)

Back