What oil would you use for a brand new Volvo S80??

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Legacy 2.5i and Suzuki XL-7 are saying bye-bye in some time. They are getting replaced for a newer Subaru Legacy or Outback, and a brand new Volvo S80 3.2 that I'm going to pick up at the Volvo factory in Sweden and drive it through Europe, then bring it to the states and drive it for a couple months until everything is ready and I'm taking both cars with me to Peru where they'll stay.

This would be my first Volvo so I'm not sure what these cars like, I have to take into account that:
#1: The lightest oil that's easy to find over there is 5w40 synthetic
#2: This car will not get driven hard
#3: It'll live in a city that's bigger than NYC (Lima), so it won't get up to high speeds...usually under 40mph, MAYBE twice a year it'll get up to 110mph+ (there's a highway that can be insane over there)
#4: Temperatures over there, it does not get hotter than 80, or colder than 50 degrees farenheit.

Should I try to take tons of GC with me??
21.gif

***forgot to add: Later on I intend on doing the same with a Volvo C30 with the turbo 5-cylinder engine.. so if anyone knows what that engine prefers too.. thank you :)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Stanley Rockafeller
How long are you planning on being there?

where? Europe?? Not sure.. with the S80 probably 2 weeks, with the C30 probably 3 weeks (honeymoon?)

Originally Posted By: hpichris
How exactly are you going to bring GC with you? Out of curiosity.

I meant from the states to Peru.. I haven't seen it there.

In my shipping containers there's tons of room, I can stuff anything there.. why not just put a box fUll of GC in the trunk of the S80?

The driving doesn't sound terribly intense, even with the highway speeds involved.

So long as you break it in according to the manufacturer's instructions, any oil that meets or exceeds the specifications listed in the manual should pose no problem whatsoever.

-wrong, almost any grade is avail.

Originally Posted By: heypete
The driving doesn't sound terribly intense, even with the highway speeds involved.

So long as you break it in according to the manufacturer's instructions, any oil that meets or exceeds the specifications listed in the manual should pose no problem whatsoever.

Ed Zachary!

Originally Posted By: ac_tc
-wrong, almost any grade is avail.

I didn't meann sweden, I meant Peru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back