Do a Oil Stop Leak Additive will cure my leak. Volvo 3.2 with Bearing Seal Leaking

Hey guys

I have a 2008 3.2 Volvo XC90 with a end plug Bearing Seal with a small leaking oil.

There is not space to work there removing/installing this Bearing Seal and its look like to install the new one, I have to remove the valve cover to replace that Plug and this valve colver is the type that holds the cams....☹️

I was thinking on using a Stop Oil Leak additive. Like Lucas, Liqui Moly, etc, etc

Do this Stop Oil leak really works? Any advise what brand is the best to use?

Thx for your Time & Help

Isaac

BTW The photos are NOT my engine. Is just to show you the Bearing Seal Location on a Volvo 3.2

3.2 VOLVO 1.jpg
3.2 VOLVO 2.jpg

Video of the Seal leaking on my oil

Is this an active leak?

I don't think an additive will help. I'm sure if you remove that side mount and raise / lower the engine you can change the seal.

Is this an active leak?

I don't think an additive will help. I'm sure if you remove that side mount and raise / lower the engine you can change the seal.

Its leaking a very small qty of oil. My garage floor has oil.

I just confirmed with my mechanic and several Volvo Forums and I have to remove the valve cover to install the new Plug Bearing Seal.

That's why I was asking about the Stop Oil Leak Additive

Rgds

Isaac

One of the more successful stop leaks is called AT-205 Reseal, you can look up videos on it there is a high success rate with it. Do your research on it.

Me personally though I have not run it and I probably would perform an oil change shortly after it stops the leak or use half of what it calls for.

You dont have to remove the cam cover to remove those plugs. There is a soft spot in the center that you stick a screwdriver through and pry the plug out then tap the new one in with a small hammer. Those plugs have to come out to install the cam locking tools to remove the timing chain which has to be removed before pulling the cam cover.

Before you do this, make sure the PCV trap is not building excess pressure causing the oil to leak out. The Volvo PCV / flame trap is notorious for clogging up and causing excess pressure. The 2.5 is known for it. I assume the 3.2 has the same?

You dont have to remove the cam cover to remove those plugs. There is a soft spot in the center that you stick a screwdriver through and pry the plug out then tap the new one in with a small hammer. Those plugs have to come out to install the cam locking tools to remove the timing chain which has to be removed before pulling the cam cover.
Hey Timmastertech

You was 100% right! I was checking and its only a plug easy to remove!

Thx a lot

Rgds

Isaac

Back